Carbon Fibre handle bars, Gaass billet bar risers!

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
did you drill the bars for the locator pins on the switchblocks? thats the only part that worries me when doing mine, but they should be sweet they are pretty strong bars. Clamp didnt turn up friday so looks like monday and mods next week :)

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know how much I love your work :thumbup:

Maybe, start listing your ORIGINAL parts now, instead of your MODS. That way the list is smaller :rof:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
did you drill the bars for the locator pins on the switchblocks? thats the only part that worries me when doing mine, but they should be sweet they are pretty strong bars. Clamp didnt turn up friday so looks like monday and mods next week :)

Well, here's the thing...we did'nt, and it seems to be fine...we did have problems with the throttle side....but for "doofus" reasons...somehow we got screws mixed up, and we ended up staeling the right screws off my other FZ6 to solve the issue...it was late at night! we were being bumb!

The carbon bars look awesome. I would venture to say that I like the look better with these bars than the clips ons.

Mikey thinks the same, and did immediately upon finishing fitting, for me, it took a little while to grow on me....was not until i turned the bar end mirrors, upside down, and inverted under the bars, that i was happy with the look...in real life it looks like some sort of crazy ar$e bat or something, that is about to swoop!!! The frontal and front quarter view is quite menacing!

You know how much I love your work :thumbup:

Maybe, start listing your ORIGINAL parts now, instead of your MODS. That way the list is smaller :rof:

Lol! You mean i should start selling all the original parts, and left over mods from the different "phases" of the never ending build!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks schmick mate :thumbup:

Why the lump of timber under the stand :confused: Did you just want her to stand up more for the pic or did you shorten the stand ???

I just wanted to stand it up a bit more....one of the race stand lugs was screwed, and my other rear stand is propping up a TRX850 at the moment!, so i had to resort to the block of wood! Fixed the race stand pick up situation this arvo, have resorted to my favourite and most reliable set up for frame pick up's....M10 bolts, loctited in place!!! Those suckers dont come loose ever!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The locator pin is squished pretty flat now anyhow from installation on the drag bars:( (I actually thought it was some sort of plastic weld to hold that saddle in place at first. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why they would rivet the saddle in...lol...and they didn't:BLAA:.)

Once it is on and tightened there is no movement at all, so it don't really matter a lot I guess:cheer:.

Oi Jamie! How'd we go with the mirrors...still unmoving?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The locator pin is squished pretty flat now anyhow from installation on the drag bars:( (I actually thought it was some sort of plastic weld to hold that saddle in place at first. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why they would rivet the saddle in...lol...and they didn't:BLAA:.)

Once it is on and tightened there is no movement at all, so it don't really matter a lot I guess:cheer:.

Oi Jamie! How'd we go with the mirrors...still unmoving?

At this point, we have no issue, but i aint ridden it since last night yet!!! Kids! Am going to ride it to work tonight, so that should give me a better idea, but i reckon in reality, i will be looking for some new grub screws in the next few days...those 2.5mm hex heads are a pain in the A! I will just get a truckload of spare grub screws, and change them every time i move the mirrors...seems the logical solution...

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I always knew you were a kabillionaire... what next? Is there any original parts on that thing? Looks awesome!!

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
fitted my billet triple with carbon fibre bars and some braided brake lines today:rockon:
I cut about 35mm off the ends of the bars and drilled for the locator pins one i saw how thick carbon to the alloy was
thanks to wolfman who organised the triple clamp:thumbup: an oil filter coming your way just let me know wat type you use
IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0097-2.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fitted my billet triple with carbon fibre bars and some braided brake lines today:rockon:
I cut about 35mm off the ends of the bars and drilled for the locator pins one i saw how thick carbon to the alloy was
thanks to wolfman who organised the triple clamp:thumbup: an oil filter coming your way just let me know wat type you use
IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0097-2.jpg

Hey, havent i seen that set up somewhere before!!!:D

you have any trouble fitting the triple clamp over the steering head, or did my suggested modification to Igor make it go straight on???

I also gave those bars the ultimate test on Sunday morning, i very graciously volunteered my services as a crash test dummy, and promptly threw the bike and bars at a 100kg human being, just to see how tough the bars are!!! Result! No bend....and they took a massive hit...my old drag bars, or EOM bars would of bent like liquorice as Mikey said!!! Everything else up front was bent and twisted, including the clutch lever, that got rotated 90 degree's on the bars...the only visible outcome to the bars from the accident was that after being smacked hard on the left side, the bars had moved abnout 1.5mm to the left in the bar riser's!!! That's some hardcore kit, from both Gaass! and Spex!

Looks f****** great by the way! Glad they arrived today.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's all looking veeery nice.:thumbup:

Would love to see some more pics. I'm digging the yellow headlight surround/indicator mounting doova:rockon:.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, havent i seen that set up somewhere before!!!:D

you have any trouble fitting the triple clamp over the steering head, or did my suggested modification to Igor make it go straight on???

I also gave those bars the ultimate test on Sunday morning, i very graciously volunteered my services as a crash test dummy, and promptly threw the bike and bars at a 100kg human being, just to see how tough the bars are!!! Result! No bend....and they took a massive hit...my old drag bars, or EOM bars would of bent like liquorice as Mikey said!!! Everything else up front was bent and twisted, including the clutch lever, that got rotated 90 degree's on the bars...the only visible outcome to the bars from the accident was that after being smacked hard on the left side, the bars had moved abnout 1.5mm to the left in the bar riser's!!! That's some hardcore kit, from both Gaass! and Spex!

Looks f****** great by the way! Glad they arrived today.
Went straight on, only thing i needed to do was stick 2 washers on each ignition bolt as they were to long and bottomed out in the holes.
Loving the look already but havnt ridden it yet as it has been wet but will be riding tomorow even if its drizzily (spelling) because of the traffic jams cause by the floods around here.

i recon these and pro tapers are among the strongest fat bars out there, have seen a wr450f with pro tapers crashed into a car so hard it smashed the triple out of the frame and the bars are still straight. Bloody good bars fats:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent looking setup there stink! You guys get all the good parts down there!

Ya reckon we get all the good stuff? Lol! We get nothing...all this stuff was bought online from an Italian company! You too can have the same kit....GaaSS! Special parts is the company, they have a website...

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
If only I had the funds..

I'm just happy that I got new handlebars in black, instead of the dull gray of the stock bars. I just need to do some painting to match the handlebar clamp, risers, and top triple.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If only I had the funds..

I'm just happy that I got new handlebars in black, instead of the dull gray of the stock bars. I just need to do some painting to match the handlebar clamp, risers, and top triple.

Powdercoating! Almost as cheap as painting it yourself, will probably look better, and is more durable IMHO!

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
What a nice looking bike! Great job!

That Carbon fiber stuff is pretty cool! I worked with it a little in the navy repairing helicopters, we had rolls of the stuff. Hard to believe such a little CF is needed to add strength to a set of bars.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
ok ride report

the postion is much much more comforable but they have bad vibration at about 120kmh but stops once past 150kmh. probly has more to do with my cheap bar ends then the bars but i will be getting some pellets or somthing to fill the bars:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok ride report

the postion is much much more comforable but they have bad vibration at about 120kmh but stops once past 150kmh. probly has more to do with my cheap bar ends then the bars but i will be getting some pellets or somthing to fill the bars:thumbup:

Hmmm... interesting, have not ridden with them at speed yet, hope my Bar ends are up to the gig! If not, i will be doing the same...filling the suckers with that liquid expandable foam stuff!