Carbon Fibre handle bars, Gaass billet bar risers!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, with my black streetfighter, i have a custom billet top clamp, that enables me to run clip-on handlebars for full on Sports riding, or track riding, or if i like, attach a set of handlebar risers, and run a more convential fighter/ fz6 like set up, by using motocross sytle fat bars...

So after riding around for a bit with the clip-on's on, i decided last night, that it would be cool to check out how the Fat bar handlebar set up works with the new seat unit's revised seating position, and with the very nice Gaass! special parts Fat Bar risers i recently purchased to match the billet top clamp, i purchased from the same company...

So i bought a set of super trick Carbon Fibre fat bars...they are not drag bars, as they have that Motocross style bend in them, and they are also about an inch wider than OEM FZ6N bars!!!

Well, last night, Ozzieboy and me fitted the new bars...took us way longer than expected, as we had a few issues, but the end result is pretty neat looking!

Took the bike for a quick spin last night, and the bike sorta feels like a Motard now! Talk about leverage!!!

Anyway, here's a few pic's of the articles installed...
View attachment 32566

View attachment 32567

View attachment 32568

View attachment 32569

View attachment 32570

View attachment 32571

View attachment 32572

Now i have the option to use either set up, with the change-over being relatively simple...

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, what the hell man you really have gone off the deep end.

shaving off 0.831g with the carbon fibre handlebar over steel......

but it really is crazy how nice that bike is.

but it does seem like youre compensating for being a fatty with all this carbon fibre.

"well honey looks like I just shaved another .831grams today off the bike, let's have another order of onion rings!!"

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, what the hell man you really have gone off the deep end.

shaving off 0.831g with the carbon fibre handlebar over steel......

but it really is crazy how nice that bike is.

but it does seem like youre compensating for being a fatty with all this carbon fibre.

"well honey looks like I just shaved another .831grams today off the bike, let's have another order of onion rings!!"

Lol! Lone, i have actually lost weight recently....

Wasnt so much about the weight saving, as it is realistically negligible...but i will say, that these bars weigh about half as much as normal "Fat" Bars!!!

And if i am over compensating for my fatness, what are you doing with your R1 Buddy??? Your ol fella must be fair shrivelled...everyone knows litre bike owners are over compensators! :Flip:

:D:D

Oh, and thanks for the nice words about my bike!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nubzshop

Reaction score
www.nubzshop.com
It looks like you replaced the whole front end, what suspension set up did you go with and why? I am having issues with the bearing in the stock stem setup coming loose on me every so often... Was thinking about an upgrade to something better if the swap wasn't too bad..

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You never cease to amaze me. Every time I think "his bike just can't get any cooler...can it?" you come up with something else that says "Oh yes it can!" :thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As I was saying last night....Much prefer that look to the clip-ons.

Sorry guys...it looks sooo much nicer in the flesh:rockon:

LMFAO! Let's have another order of onion rings:rof::rof: (we near destroyed 4 boxes of Drumstix last night...lol.)

As for the shrivel factor.....who cares? I've got a litre bike:BLAA::Flip:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks uber sick! How safe is it though? Is it a motorcycle specific bar? Is there a steel/aluminum insert or is it full-on carbon?
As far as vibration goes, carbon should have excellent vibration absorption.. much better than aluminum.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! Lone, i have actually lost weight recently....

Wasnt so much about the weight saving, as it is realistically negligible...but i will say, that these bars weigh about half as much as normal "Fat" Bars!!!

And if i am over compensating for my fatness, what are you doing with your R1 Buddy??? Your ol fella must be fair shrivelled...everyone knows litre bike owners are over compensators! :Flip:

:D:D

Oh, and thanks for the nice words about my bike!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lol.....shhhhh!!! There's girls reading this! I wanted to keep that a surprise. Kind of like a short, wrinkly old man climbing out of a cake. They never expect it, but it always make them laugh! Wait.....no...that's not right.....

Haha, but it is worth mentioning that overall I will be on 100 FEWER pounds and 65 ADDITIONAL horsepower. I dropped about 50 pounds and the bike is about 50 pounds lighter than the FZ.

It's going to be bananas.

But weight savings aside, if I could carbon-fibre everything I own I would. It just looks so badass.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci is right, without a metal insert those bars very dangerous, I have carbon bars on my mountain bike, all I can say is DON'T knock it over, one good whack and the're cracked, then everyone will hear *#@! *^#$@%.:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like you replaced the whole front end, what suspension set up did you go with and why? I am having issues with the bearing in the stock stem setup coming loose on me every so often... Was thinking about an upgrade to something better if the swap wasn't too bad..

The front end is as such....OEM FZ6 forks, Ohlins Springs, GaaSS! Special parts custom billet top clamp, fat bar risers & radial brake caliper adaptors, 07 R6 radial brake calipers, Goodrich braided lines.

The bike looks nice.:rockon:

How do the handlebars vibrate? The carbon fiber makes them very light.

No noticeable vibration, in fact, none that i could detect at all.

That looks uber sick! How safe is it though? Is it a motorcycle specific bar? Is there a steel/aluminum insert or is it full-on carbon?
As far as vibration goes, carbon should have excellent vibration absorption.. much better than aluminum.

They are an Aluminium Bar, with a secondary structural layer of Carbon Fibre, then laquer coated....they come with a 24 month, break, or bend guarrantee...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci is right, without a metal insert those bars very dangerous, I have carbon bars on my mountain bike, all I can say is DON'T knock it over, one good whack and the're cracked, then everyone will hear *#@! *^#$@%.:D

These are top end Motorcross bars designed to take a beating every time they get put into service! Aluminium Alloy insert, with structural Carbon Fibre wrap...not cosmetic!

:thumbup: