chicken stripes??

I think I bought these from either Jake Wilson with their discount code, or when Cycle Gear had a Fall sale last year. I don't recall now. I have a feeling we'll see the tire sales hit in the new few weeks.

Performance on the street is great, wear...ehh...not so much. I'd guess on the street you'd get 2,500 to 4,000 out of a rear tire. I'm getting about 750 to 850 out of a rear on the track. There's actually plenty of tread left, the "oils" in the tire are used up due to the number of heat cycles.

I am addicted to BT16s tho :)

OK I'll try them next... what pressures u running on the streets Nate? (I am running the 16s at 38psi front/rear and no traction issues...).

I'm running 31F and 29R on the track. They shed real nice at those pressures. :D

I am addicted to BT16s tho :)

OK I'll try them next... what pressures u running on the streets Nate? (I am running the 16s at 38psi front/rear and no traction issues...).

Yeah just try them to mix it up. I know quite a lot of people up here use them for track days (including A riders).

I'm running ~35/37 front and 38 to 42 rear depending on my riding and the amount of gear on the bike. I'd drop them down for the track of course.

Paid $150 for my current set from a guy locally and have another $190 shipped set ready to go on next.

They definitely have a more aggressive profile than the 16s so they will be good for all that knee draggin, street racing, running from the cops, and wheelying through traffic that you do.

Last edited:
I'm proud of my 1/2" chicken strips. I hang my ass off the seat a bit on tight corners to decrease the lean angle and maintain control. You can have zero chicken strips because of poor form...you aren't necessarily carrying more corner speed because you are leaned over futher.

What people forget is that a touring tire and an SS tire don't have the same profile...you have to get over a bit further on an SS tire to touch the edge as they have a taller profile with less sidewall.

I'm proud of my 1/2" chicken strips. I hang my ass off the seat a bit on tight corners to decrease the lean angle and maintain control. You can have zero chicken strips because of poor form...you aren't necessarily carrying more corner speed because you are leaned over futher.

What are you proud of exactly? You are proud of being slow?:BLAA::Flip::Flash: Just joking around but serious about the first question.

BT-016s?

What people are missing out on is that it is possible to be smooth, hanging off, and using all of your tire while still being calm, collected, and in control of your machine. If you're doing this around blind corners in sketchy areas it's a bit much....yes. But on the right roads you can be going pretty quick and still within the realm of "sane".

Just because you yourself feel going any faster would be pushing far too hard, that doesn't mean it is the case. Think back to your first time out on a bike. At that point, pushing "too hard" meant 50kph around a gradual curve. But you've developed as a rider since then, haven't you? Why then is it so hard to imagine yourself developing further?

Thing is though, the place to explore that last bit of rubber for the first time is not on public roads. That much I will give you. But when you get comfortable and you are loose and calm and collected at speed, then kicking it up a notch on the right roads is just.....fun. So why knock it? We all do it....just to varying degrees.

What are you proud of exactly? You are proud of being slow?:BLAA::Flip::Flash: Just joking around but serious about the first question.

BT-016s?

What lonesoldier said...

I've never had my bike on the track, I'm an intermediate street rider. I think it is foolish to hit the edge of your tire on public roads.

It seems alot of people are relating not haveing any stripes to being careless, reckless, squidly riding when in reality you can use your whole tire without being any of the above, even on the street, there is nothing amatter with haveing stripes as it has been said numerous times but you can also not have any.and still be a safe rider. It seems that people with stripes are trying to defend theirs by making it seem dangerous to not have any when that is completely not the case. The op just had a simple question do you have them or not.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Ya the way it was worded did come off as a.challenge but you get what im saying....i hope

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

One of my rare hanging-off-the-bike-moments captured on photo.

I'm waiting for the "How far have you scraped you peg" - thread

and don't forget, the "who ever did an elbowtouch" - thread :BLAA:

Chicken strips? Yeah, I gots them. Even after doing a track day. Maybe around 1/8" or less on rear, and 1/4" or less on the front. I do hang off the bike, but not a whole lot. Then again, even on the track, I'm slow. Not the slowest, but far from the fastest, and I'm ok with that.

Not a pissing contest. Just people proud of what they've worked hard at improving. You can knock that pride as being a bad thing, but it came only after a lot of work and sacrifice and (sometimes) person injury.

I'm not hating on people who ride slower. Far from it. My view is just that on the real world people do get ranked in a pecking order. You do the best you can to get higher on that ladder. That applies to business, relationships, and motorcycling if you are a "go-getter" type of person.

I think it is foolish to hit the edge of your tire on public roads.

Quite the statement!

I'd rather have "chicken" stripes than road rash.

Who wouldn't???

This is like the proverbial pissing contest. Pointless.

Then don't post in the thread! Contrary to what you say, it looks to me like some good discussion has come from this thread.

Yeah the OP asked a question but.....

is a kinda squiddy way of asking a question. Almost like a challenge.

oh the drama....clearly this thread does not meet your online discussion standards. :D

It seems alot of people are relating not haveing any stripes to being careless, reckless, squidly riding when in reality you can use your whole tire without being any of the above, even on the street, there is nothing amatter with haveing stripes as it has been said numerous times but you can also not have any.and still be a safe rider. It seems that people with stripes are trying to defend theirs by making it seem dangerous to not have any when that is completely not the case.

About sums it up

Back