clutchless upshifting

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
5th and 6th gear changes are always "clutchless" for me. Just a little relax on the throttle, light lift on the shift lever and it clicks right into gear smoother than using the clutch. Down shifts are always done with the clutch.

Just takes a little practice.

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been doing it for almost 2 years. 1st to 2nd - clutch, all others - clutchless. No problems so far.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have always been a "Cluchless upshifter" but found when i got my FZ that the gear box was a bit clunky, so didnt do it as much, but since i have changed to fully synthetic oil, my gear box is a lot smoother, and clutchless shifts are now a joy! Would love a slipper clutch for shifting down, etc.

moo cow

Reaction score
Visit site
clutchless up-shifting on the fz is WORLDS smoother and less 'clunky' than using the clutch. the difference is night and day. i recommend it to everyone! i found i needed to adjust the height of my shift lever a touch so it's easier to pre-load the lever.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
clutchless up-shifting on the fz is WORLDS smoother and less 'clunky' than using the clutch. the difference is night and day. i recommend it to everyone! i found i needed to adjust the height of my shift lever a touch so it's easier to pre-load the lever.

Did exactly the same thing, raised it 10mm....MADE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE....GOOD TIP! :)

dickieD

Reaction score
Visit site
ive gone clutchless for upshift and downshift.. once you get down to 3 to 2 it gets a lil pull back.. but if your really on it from first into second shifting without the clutch .. that bad boy comes all the way up off of the ground:Sport:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I only do it when I get up to 12-13K RPM blasting in a take-off...otherwise i give the clutch and work on smooth shifting for when i have passengers.

But yesterday (being inspired by MotoGP) I had some fat takeoffs and wide open throttle after turns to clutchless shift up! super fun!!