Come take a ride with Vegasrider on the LV Strip

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone made their videos during the day so I thought It would be different doing it at night. Taken with the ever so popular Go Pro Hero Camera. This is one of the rare times you will find me travelling along the strip. Thought it would be appropriate to add some tunes from a Las Vegas band. Just a 4 minute clip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR4La77L3A"]YouTube - Las Vegas Strip Go Pro[/ame]

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
is lane spliting legal in Nevada or to LV cops not care . that is the one thing that kinda sucks up here in Washington is its a big NO NO . You can get away with it sometimes but you better not be seen by a Cop doing it

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
is lane spliting legal in Nevada or to LV cops not care . that is the one thing that kinda sucks up here in Washington is its a big NO NO . You can get away with it sometimes but you better not be seen by a Cop doing it

No, but I iwll do it on or near the strip because the traffic is just rediculous. But I just usually just avoid riding up and down the strip all together.

That was one scary video!

Where did you have the camera mounted?

-bryan

On the front of the windscreen, using the sunction cup. I think I have the pic posted on your original Go Pro hero Camera thread.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW busy!!!,what kind of traffic is that..normal rush hour,or tourist..i never pictured the strip that busy

Nice to see how the camera performs at night too,when the time comes the go pro will be the one for me :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG!!! that is a scarry video, but if you're used to doing it, no big deal right?
The 1 time I was in Vegas, I felt like I was gambling with my life just trying to cross the street....those taxi drivers there will run your a** down if you get in their way!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW!!!! It's when I see footage like that, it makes me happy that I live in sleepy little Adelaide.

Imagine having to drive/ride down the strip every day to go to work... Think I'd be looking for a new job.

The amount of traffic in that 4 minute video is close to the total number of cars in the city here :rof:

Can see why you try and avoid it Vegasrider.

:)

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You so crazy Ken, if I tried that up here some dik would change lanes in front of me to block for sure...:Flip:

Nice vid tho...:rockon:

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
At first watching the video I was thinking that you might be bumping car mirrors as you were going by them because the camera was shaking every once in a while , But then I remembered that they have those huge speed bump reflectors splitting the lanes . lol
Very nice video . I love Vegas
Greg A .

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Great video, thanks for posting it. I love the Killers and sometime must do Las Vegas, Grand Canyon etc. Can you hire your pick of bikes over there?

I do a lot of motorway riding here in the UK and lane splitting is fun sometimes if you've got your wits about you. Certainly, it's the only way to 'make progress' sometimes. I think the cops here don't mind as long as a) your speed relative to the cages isn't outrageous and b) your own speed isn't too much above the limit. Certainly, I haven't been pulled up on it (yet..).

And most traffic I come across doesn't seem to mind me passing, even if only few of them actually get out of your way, like seems more common on the Continent. If they do, I always give them a thank-you wave.

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW busy!!!,what kind of traffic is that..normal rush hour,or tourist..i never pictured the strip that busy

Nice to see how the camera performs at night too,when the time comes the go pro will be the one for me :thumbup:[/QUOTEi can't even believe the traffic there! The people in the cars must be so jealous that your moving and their not:rockon: Nice movie man!