Condensation on startup

Reaction score
www.manpcc.com
I love my new to me '05 FZ6. I’m learning it’s nuances.
The left muffler seems to be a bit more yellow than the right muffler like it might be running hotter than the right side. I have Scorpion aftermarket pipes. Is this normal?
Also, yesterday when I started her up on a cold morning, condensation only came out of the left pipe and not the right. My question is why only the left pipe? Could it be that having it parked on the side kick stand and the left side of the bike being lower than the right would have something to do with the left side only pipe condensation?

Thanks,

Hutchmaster34

Sparkie
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would also like to know this too, mine are doing the same thing. I let my bike warm up and put my hand at the end of each pipe and the left is definitely blowing all the air, but when i rev'ed it up i noticed that the right side did have a little more air moving out of it but the majority was still the left pipe. Also is there any chance to polish the yellow out of the metal? or am i SOL

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my new to me '05 FZ6. I’m learning it’s nuances.
The left muffler seems to be a bit more yellow than the right muffler like it might be running hotter than the right side. I have Scorpion aftermarket pipes. Is this normal?
Also, yesterday when I started her up on a cold morning, condensation only came out of the left pipe and not the right. My question is why only the left pipe? Could it be that having it parked on the side kick stand and the left side of the bike being lower than the right would have something to do with the left side only pipe condensation?

Thanks,

Haven't seen you on the forum B4 so :welcome: to a great bunch of people on this great forum!

Condensation is normal as long as it tapers off and disappear once hot.

There's usually a 'Y' pipe feeding the aftermarket cans. If you look under you will probably see a straighter pipe and a pipe where there is a turn to get to the other can. The can fed by the straighter pipe will usually make water first, and generally at idle will exhibit much more exhaust and temperature.
If carbon fiber is used the color will be different and it might be good to change out the packing and if you can, swap the cans.

Again Welcome you Freaky Thang!!!!!

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Y pipe design. Take a look at the Y pipe design of the Scorpions. They will always have more flow coming out of one can than the other. That will cause one can to get hotter (yellow), and the same can to get more of the condensation.
The OE design is really one big muffler, with a plastic cover that looks like two cans.

Sorry for the huge, blame Sanger!
Scorpion Y pipe:
7Scorpions_04.jpg

Proper Y pipe:
STA70616b.jpg

Last edited: