Confused on lights?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Now if this has been answered then I apologise. I have read all of the headlight mod threads. Its then plainly obviously that I am looking with out seeing.....
I have done BD's excellent mod but would like two high beams.
Do I need to re-size one of the light fittings to accept an F4 bulb thingy or can I just purchase a dual filliment bulb?
I have to say that just having two bulbs has made all the difference.
Has anyone now got to the point where they feel they can rate a specific bulb over the standard OME ones in terms of brightness.

Nelly:thumbup:

Last edited:
S

sportrider

I'm not 100% but couldn't you just buy another low beam bulb?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice lights! Are these fully plug 'n play or does new wiring need to be installed? Also are these same as the HID lights we see in luxury cars like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus? Because that is the effect I am looking for!:rockon:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
So I'm confused. Can you just put a dual-filament bulb into the Left side and the high-beam will work on the left as well?

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Nelly mate i have been lookin to do this mod to but cant find a smaller duel bulb that fits. My other option is to make a spacer like Fred has,if he dont mind sharing the cutting sizes that would help loads then i may be able to sort something out from there. :D

DanG

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm confused. Can you just put a dual-filament bulb into the Left side and the high-beam will work on the left as well?

No, you'd need to modify it to fit an H4 and also run the high-beam wire to it. There was somebody on the forum a month or so ago that did that (made an adapter to put in an H4 instead of the H7).