Crazy homeless dude tried to mess with me

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Living in Chicago this is something I think about quite a bit...

First time I took my bike out on the highway, I got off at an exit becuase I wasnt comfortable... Well I got off in the one of the worst neighorhoods at night. There were people just standing in intersections and the middle of the street, shirts off, openly dealing. I slowly went through every red light, none of which I believe had a red light camera (thankfully).

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
That's why I carry, I wish we lived in a world in where everyone respected people's property. Something someone works their asses off for is sacred to me. So pry it from my cold dead fingers because if you can't. Well...... You won't be around to think about what you have done. You think they care about you or your family? So I won't either. Dumb bum.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
You're city always makes the news for some crazy crap. First it was some old lady keeping dead people in her house and now some dude keeping women in captivity! Is Ohio just that depressing to people? ;)

Yeah dude, sh*t is crazy here. You're forgetting the guy who had bodies hidden in the walls of his house. Luckily most of the bike thefts I've heard about here are of the kind with pedals, probably cause our 4 month riding season deters motorcycle theft.

I need an exhaust on my bike, so I can pull the 'Tom Cruise, aka Mavrick' "WHAT? *RevRevRev* I CAN'T *Rev* HEAR YOU!" the next time someone asks for 'A dolla eighty three for da bus'.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
That was me, sorry if I scared you, I just wanted a ride to lunch ;)

Seriously though, just another reason to carry!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Back in Las Vegas, the intersections were littered with people holding up signs explaining their dire situations, pan handlers would be the accurate description. Anyways, sometimes I do like to help but when you're stopped at an intersection and really don't know when the light will turn green, it's really a hassle to take your gloves off and dig out some change or a dollar bill. So I started to roll a dollar bill and insert it somewhere on the handlebars so that I have quick easy access.

I've done the same since I moved up to Boise, but my dollar bill seems to stay on my handlebars for a very long period of time. The last one went missing, I guess if someone really needs a dollar, they can have it.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In these parts i've only encountered the aggressive ones at shopping centers. At times it takes an equally aggressive nature to end the action and move on. I see that could be VERY intimidating for some.

Sadly, too often many CAN EARN A LIVING but pan handle instead.
- A short story; for over FOUR YEARS I've seen the same couple with their dogs on the same corner asking, begging, and pleading for handouts. Money to get here, get there, food, clothes, you name it etc. I know not of their situation but the larger dogs have better coats & collars than many people. << you like, yes, people wear collars too! :eek: Right wrong or otherwise, I called them out at year three and so far my door hasn't been kicked in and they no ask me for money from me.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
This reminds me of the bums in Philly! At least you got out man. The cops in Philly encourage you to do exactly what you did, in fact there are specific red lights you know you just don't stop at if its that time of night (obviously check both ways).

Some scary s*** but at least you and the steed made it out.

Years ago my wife and I were walking into Irish Pub on Walnut. As we walked past two men sitting on the sidewalk leaning up against a storefront two doors down, we heard:

"Change? Spare some change please? Anybody spare some CHANGE??"

I sometimes will give, depending on how authentic the situation looks or how much change I have. This time, I only had bills, and was on the phone trying to coordinate where to meet up with our friend. Then we, and everyone else on the sidewalk heard:

"What are you, a bunch of Jews? Is everybody in this city just a bunch of JEWS?!"

This was said very loudly, and directed at me I think because I gave the guy a glance and ignored his pleas. I turned around and responded with a large order of "F U."

I'm pretty sure him and his buddy was just looking for money, and not truly homeless or remotely humble.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Was out one afternoon in the city with some friends, we were walking out of the beer store with some beer and some hobo walks up and says "I'm an alchohic and can you give me some money for booze?" I said (as I was carrying a 12 pack) I appreciate your honesty, but no. Walked about 5 feet and another asked for a cigarette, I said sure and gave him a pack with about 8 left in it. He took one out and went to hand it back. I said keep the trash man. It made the first hobo so mad. I just kept walking.

The funniest thing I have ever seen on a hobo sign: WILL TAKE VERBAL ABUSE FOR A DOLLAR!!! I was at a red light and was trying so hard to get my phone out, take a picture AND find a dollar to tell him to @&$$ off! But the light turned green and I would have had to go all the way back through post to take it...

So great tho, I would pay a dollar for that!! ROFL

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Ever since I was in the Peace Corps and saw real poverty, I've quit giving to the panhandlers stateside. I guess that makes me kind of cold, but when you see how gracious people can be for fractions of a penny, and you see how mean, entitled and demanding a lot of the panhandlers here can be, can you blame me?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If I see someone smoking or drinking, I will not contribute to support their vice. If someone happens to ask me for money on my way into a fast food joint, I will usually order for two and give the extra meal to the person on my way out. Who knows where the money would actually go to?