Custom exhaust $200 shipped

microage97

Reaction score
Visit site
Got it painted and installed in 95F heat. SICK!! This pipe now screams. Holy Cow! It really sounds so sexy from idle to 10K Wow it really is awesome.

20120701_182838.jpg

20120701_182852.jpg

Link to movie:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70285546/20120701_182930.mp4

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
Got it painted and installed in 95F heat. SICK!! This pipe now screams. Holy Cow! It really sounds so sexy from idle to 10K Wow it really is awesome.

I'm really glad you like it and glad I could help you get a good sound for less $$ than a TwoBrothers/Scorpion/Devil/ETC.... It really is silly the amount they charge!

Pm me your info for the $....thnx.

I'll need the full purchase price ($200) upfront sent as a money order to the address I PM'd after I get it I'll place the parts order and when they arrive will start fabing it up. It takes about a week after the parts get to my door to get it put together and in the mail, then about 3-4 days for FedEx to get it to you.
Take your money order to your Post office and tell them you want "delivery conformation" (I'll have to go to my PO and sign for it) that way you'll know I got it.

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, I'll be watching my mailbox. I saw a previous post saying you want the tips cut at an angle to match the tail light and you want it painted. Is that correct? Also, do you have a FE or stock fender?

edfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
yessir! angled and painted.. i have stock.. still thinking about wether i want FE or not.

microage97

Reaction score
Visit site
Got 150 miles on the pipes and boy do they get people's attention! Yea! They sure let you know they are there at all RPMs and they do really scream @ 8-12K :rockon:I had to tweak the hanger bracket a little bit with Mr. Rubber Mallet, no worries. Awesome!

So worth the $$ and I am happy to get a chance to run them.

pipes.JPG

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to tweak the hanger bracket a little bit with Mr. Rubber Mallet, no worries. Awesome!

So worth the $$ and I am happy to get a chance to run them.

I'm really glad you are having a positive experience, what adjustment did you have to make? I wanted this to be a direct bolt on and am even a lil sad that you have to drill a hole in your FE/fender to use it.

edfz6; Your money order was in my mailbox when I got home from work, I placed the summit order soon as I got my gear off and my PC fired up. EST delivery date to my house is 7-16-12. If it arrives on their expected date I'll have it on a FedEx truck 7-25. Here's a slightly edited screenshot of the order....
View attachment 43523
I'll try to post pics of the build......Sorry for letting it slip on yours Dave :spank: It went together smoother than when I did mine and I didn't pause for pics.

BTW: I need to come up with a name for this "mod". Like the "BD43 headlight mod"....how's "phranks glasspack mod" sound?...

microage97

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the hanger bracket was a little tipped forward, so the bolts wouldn't start when put through the stock bracket. 30 secs and a mallet bent it slightly and all lined up. I am talking like 1/8" or so.

Dave

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the hanger bracket was a little tipped forward, so the bolts wouldn't start when put through the stock bracket. 30 secs and a mallet bent it slightly and all lined up. I am talking like 1/8" or so.

Dave

Oh, OK! I know what you mean now, I always bolted the factory rubber isolator bit to the mufflers then bolted it to the bike. It does tip up a bit until tightened but I just imagined that was from weight...I will correct this on the next 3 (edfz6s' included) Thanks for pointing out the issue!

And thanks go out to Admin Dennis for letting me sell a few here! :cheer:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, OK! I know what you mean now, I always bolted the factory rubber isolator bit to the mufflers then bolted it to the bike. It does tip up a bit until tightened but I just imagined that was from weight...I will correct this on the next 3 (edfz6s' included) Thanks for pointing out the issue!

And thanks go out to Admin Dennis for letting me sell a few here! :cheer:
I have to spread some rep before you get it again.
Well done on contributing to the FZ6 forum family, Kudos to you and the guys who have entered and honored an agreement based on nothing more than good will.
Nelly

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
How about "BYF Glaspack" for the name? (BYF is an acronym for BackYard Fabricated coined by jtarkney)

"What exhaust is that?"
"Its a BYF Glaspack"

edfz6 I am expecting to get to work (and pic taking) on your kit soon. We have agreed you want the tips to be angle cut and you want them painted. Mine are flat, Daves are gloss, which do you prefer?

edfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Flat black pls... getting reaalllly excited!!!! Hope to see you on the 5th...still got a lot to clear up for that day...

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Flat black pls... getting reaalllly excited!!!! Hope to see you on the 5th...still got a lot to clear up for that day...

Man that 8/5/12 ride is growing fast!! Im glad motojoe122 talked me into comin out!!.....

Now to the point LOL

The mufflers came in yesterday and I took em to work today. I got some good progress made and even took some pics this time (so sorry Dave). It's mostly just tacked together to get everything lined up right now. A few more after work work days and she'll be ready for (high temp flat black) paint.
View attachment 43751 View attachment 43752View attachment 43753 View attachment 43754

I'll keep ya updated as more progress is made.

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
So how does one go about placing an order for one of these fine exhausts?

Just keep an eye on this thread. when I have finished edfz6's kit I'll post an "OK, who's next" reply.....be first in line when that happens.

The order process works like this:
1) Make it known that you're interested
2) I'll PM you my address
3) Send me a $200 money order (allow 3-4 days for delivery)
4) I'll place a parts order (takes 2-3 weeks for delivery)
5) I'll build it to your specs (about a week)
6) I'll ship it to you (another 3-4 days for delivery)

I'm not claiming any HP gain and cant tell you if it's legal in your state, all I claim this exhaust kit does is make your bike sound different.