Deer hunting with a FZ

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure if it quite deserves the "hall of shame" but it is an accident none the less.

I cut a deer in half on the FZ tonight.
(I'll refrain from posting the pic of the deer until an admin posts as I am not sure if the "gore" is acceptable, will post that particular pic conditional upon approval)

but it was probably about ~50lbs, so a baby but still big enough to cause problems. I barely had time to think "oh sh!t" and the front end was in the air and when it came down it pulled left hard and the first thing that came to mind was "damnit I just got it all fixed" as I grabbed a handfull of brakes. I ended up stopping about 10ft after the deer (thank you R6 calipers)
I kept it up somehow and absolutely NOTING. NADA. ZERO. NONE.:rockon::rockon: NO damage to the bike, not even a cracked fender. Just deer fur embedded in the bead of the tire, the valve stem, in the rivets on the brake rotor and all over the radiator. Plenty of blood on the bike and my pant legs and by the time I got the nerve to start the bike again the headers had that good ole' bbq smell. Me and the bike are totally fine, I guess 40k on the same bike gives you some experience but i'll chalk most of it to luck.

WHAT A TANK THE FZ IS!!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure am glad you're ok....and thank you for NOT posing gory pictures.

I figured the blood on the road may be pushing it but if you can't handle that then go away. However I agree the two halves of the deer are a bit much for a family site.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're OK! Also great that the bike came through it without damage.

For diplomatic reasons I agree that it's best to not post the gory pics. But maybe we should have a NSFL (Not Safe For Ladies) subforum. :rolleyes:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So Happy you're okay! Thank you for your consideration of others with regard to poor Bambi! :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wildlife, my #1 fear when I'm out riding my motorcycle. They are so unpredictable, even if you see them. Vehicles are easy, you can anticipate their moronic moves.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on keeping your cool and shiny side up. :thumbup:

You need to paint a small deer on the side of your ****pit, now. Blah

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
If you hit it with enough force to split the deer in half I would suspect there must be some damage, even if it's a slightly bent wheel or fork. Hopefully all is good but I'd really check things out before riding again.

Now. I think you need to change your screen name to....

yamiDOE :D

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Lady luck was on your side, good for you! I hit a deer about the same size and it took me and my FJR down. Bike was totaled and I hobbled away with no road rash. ATGATT!!!!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you 100% OK! Can you guesstimate the speed required to "break on through to the other side?"

PS - Thanks for stopping the disease from spreading! I hate them! They will be my downfall!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wildlife, my #1 fear when I'm out riding my motorcycle. They are so unpredictable, even if you see them.

Ya, I don't think so - expect that they WILL vector a course and impact you!! They are SENSELESS!
picture.php