Visit site
Bada$$! LOL DS-70 here. :)

u5uguma9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Scotteh20

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

I've been on the forum for a few months and learned a lot about my FZ6. I haven't had a chance to get involved much, or tinker with my bike either (hoping to change that).

I'm very interested in this exhaust....I noticed the OP has a top rack, but not the kind that would effect installing an aftermarket exhaust. Does anyone know if these cans will work with my Givi top rack? I've seen threads about what people have done with their Two Brothers or Leo Vince exhaust in regards to working with a Givi top rack, but not this exhaust. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Scott

Last edited:

Scotteh20

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I decided to order a set of the stainless pipes. Gonna see if they work with my Givi top rack. Next decision to make: baffles in or out?

For the guys who have these pipes, what are your thoughts about the baffles? Any input would be awesome.

Thanks!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Scott,
run the baffles

My reasoning, the pipes are plenty loud. They tend to turn heads with the baffles in. Every day I see people turn to the bike when I approach and if I bother to watch in the mirrors, lots keep looking. I past a few cops the other day and fortunately for me they were booking someone esle but they had a good look.
I wear ear plugs everytime I ride for more than 5 minutes now, used to for wind noise on a 60 minute ride but now to/from work---plugs go in!

I am even thinking of pursuing the possibility of making a collar for the baffle to cut the sound a little more.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...t-should-i-buy-15.html?highlight=loud+exhaust post#299

Last edited:

Scotteh20

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Seems like I should definitely try it with the baffles in. Thanks for the link as well. I just gotta try to get it to work with the rack.:D

Last edited:

Scotteh20

Reaction score
Visit site
Well....I got the exhaust installed with my Givi rack. :thumbup: There was BARELY any clearance at the bottom of the cans where the included bracket comes down between the cans to make an upside down T and mounting place for the license plate fender. The included bracket lines up nicely though, where the bottom portion of the "half circle" Givi brackets need to bolt to. I ended up putting a small piece of radiator style hose between the metal bracket and each can so that they don't have a chance to get scratched. It appears to be working good so far. The exhaust sure does sound great. Such an improvement over stock (I had even drilled my stock exhaust and wasn't digging the outcome). I decided to try the exhaust with the baffles in. It sounds like a completely different machine now. I haven't yet seen the need for earplugs, but I've only ridden about 150 miles so far. I also use a Sena to listen to music during my commute, so maybe I don't notice it as much.

I also installed a FAZR6 fender eliminator kit at the same time. I think they look good together.

I haven't had a chance to take any close up pics of the finished product. I will try to in the coming days. Thanks to those that provided input!

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
Some close up pictures would be greatly appreciated as I have a pair of stainless steel Scorpions waiting to go back on, but have been having trouble fitting with the same Givi rack brackets.
What external diameter are the Delkevic cans

Cheer, Simon

Scotteh20

Reaction score
Visit site
Some close up pictures would be greatly appreciated as I have a pair of stainless steel Scorpions waiting to go back on, but have been having trouble fitting with the same Givi rack brackets.
What external diameter are the Delkevic cans

Cheer, Simon

I'll try to snap a few pics on Saturday. I've got a lot on my plate this week so I don't think I'll be able to do it any sooner. I'll get the measurement for you at the same time.

Scott

Scotteh20

Reaction score
Visit site
I snapped some pics tonight of the exhaust with my Givi rack. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it will only allow me to attach one photo (guess I'll try to post a couple more replies with pics). As you can see, there wasn't a whole lot of wiggle room. You should be able to see the little pieces of rubber I put between the bottom of the bracket and the cans.

Senior, I'm sorry but I forgot to measure the diameter of the cans. I'll try to get that for you this week.

Scott

Fz672110

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if this has already been addressed, but do I need to adjust the air/fuel ratio with the delks? (Thinking about buying a set). It says on eBay that it isn't required. Though, it would be nice to hear from one of you to be sure!

Last edited:

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if this has already been addressed, but do I need to adjust the air/fuel ratio with the delks? (Thinking about buying a set). It says on eBay that it isn't required. Though, it would be nice to hear from one of you to be sure!

Most manufactures will say that it isn't needed (because they don't want to
be the only ones that say that you have to spend more money after you
get their exhausts) and while not needed, it's ALWAYS a good idea to do,
often even on a stock bike when you remove some of the emissions stuff.

Some bikes will be fine without it, some less so, but ALL will benefit from it.

siebsey

Reaction score
Visit site

Mine hunts on start up a little and makes a popcorn popping sound on downshifts when it's cold (no baffles)... I like it!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
and I have no probs with Mick's either

oh thats right they're mine now.

the only thing I make sure of is not wringing it out when the boys in blue are mobile. If they already have someone pulled over I'll wind it up a little more than normal.... just saying "Hi There!"

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
Are people still recommending these?

I'm looking at buying a pair of the SS ones.

How long do they last before a repack?
Any other issues?