Dent Be Gone!

Man, that's looking really good. :thumbup: You're doing it right on the bike, I thought you would've removed it first.

Thanks i appreciate the comment, i left the tank on the bike for the prep work so it was stable and would'nt move around on me while i was doing the filling and sanding, i will remove it for all of the paint coats.

(2-stroke) Yes wet sanding involves using water to keep the sand paper clean while removing the primer defects.

Last edited:
Its been a busy weekend for me and the tank, finally got all the existing paint feathered out and was able to start laying down some primer and paint, here are some updated pics i still need to lay a couple more coats of paint on then onto the clearcoats.

Wow! That looks fantastic! You did a great job there. I don't think that I could have done anything as good as a job that you did with that tank. Very impressive.

:thumbup:

X

Thanks for the comment, ive still got a lil work to do, a couple more coats of paint, clearcoat, wet sanding and then my favorite rubbing and polishing it all out.:steve::steve:

Man that's a top job, very professional better than some so called professionals.

Thanks for the pic's.

:thumbup:

Here it is all finished wet sanded and polished out, im so stoked at the way this turned out:rockon:

is the metallic flakes laying the same as the rest of the tank, because if you dont paint the tank in the same orientation as the the rest of it was then it shouldnt have turned out quite the same. Im helping my dad paint a 67 toyota jeep and we are using metal flake paint and we have to have all of the body panels and stuff hanging in the same orientation to how they will sit or else they will look all messed up. i didnt know if this was the same case or not because this only had one piece and you cant really tell how a paint job went from looking at pics.

is the metallic flakes laying the same as the rest of the tank, because if you dont paint the tank in the same orientation as the the rest of it was then it shouldnt have turned out quite the same. Im helping my dad paint a 67 toyota jeep and we are using metal flake paint and we have to have all of the body panels and stuff hanging in the same orientation to how they will sit or else they will look all messed up. i didnt know if this was the same case or not because this only had one piece and you cant really tell how a paint job went from looking at pics.

Im not understanding what your trying to get at here? You cant even tell that the tank has been repainted.

Wow... very impressive work!! I have a scratched fairing... I guess the process would be about the same? If I got it right, I would have to:

1. sand it smooth, feathering the surrounding area
2. primer
3. paint
4. wet sand
5. clearcoat
6. polish

That about right?

How many coats of everything did you use?.. what grit did you finish with?.. what did you polish with? How long did this all take? How many spray cans of each did you need?

Sorry for all the questions, but thank you so much for sharing this! :Flash:

Wow... very impressive work!! I have a scratched fairing... I guess the process would be about the same? If I got it right, I would have to:

1. sand it smooth, feathering the surrounding area
2. primer
3. paint
4. wet sand
5. clearcoat
6. polish

That about right?

How many coats of everything did you use?.. what grit did you finish with?.. what did you polish with? How long did this all take? How many spray cans of each did you need?

Sorry for all the questions, but thank you so much for sharing this! :Flash:

Thanks for the comment! Your spot on with the order you've listed, but one other step you must do is wetsand the clearcoat.

(1) Can of Colorrite BaseCoat #1253
(2) Cans of Colorrite TopCoat # 5253 Deep Red Metallic K (DRMK)
(2) Cans of Colorrite ClearCoat # UCA -150
(1) Can of Colorrite Primer # MAPRI
I finished wetsanding with 1000grit and used 3M Rubbing Compound to bring it back, then i polished and waxed it with Meguires Cleaner Wax and HI Tech Yellow wax

Back