• Only if I am riding for a while

Votes: 57 27.8%
  • Never

Votes: 62 30.2%

• Total voters

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I never listen to music or use my phone while riding. That's part of what I'm trying to avoid while on a ride. I ride to escape the usual distractions of everyday life and enjoy the interactiveness of riding....sights, smells, no distractions.

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
since i was a teenager i have been doing just about everything (walking, bicycle riding,...) with my headphones on. NOT having music in my ears is a lot more distracting to me then having an annoying song (we all have songs on our ipod that we wish we didnt but for some reason don't delete :p) playing.

I have no problem distancing myself from my music when i need to concentrate on the trafic (even more)

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
I know everyone feels differently, one way or another, but I feel that I need all of my senses at 100% while riding, including my hearing. I just don't think my concentration and alertness would be up to the task. Not to mention, the type of music that I would LIKE to listen to while riding would probably encourage me to ride a bit harder than without. It's fun to jump in my car and put on some dubstep or whatever, but it's got twice the number of wheels. :) Then, there's the issue of noise levels of music vs. earplugs. I'm very protective of my hearing. I guess I'll just have to try it one day, just to see what it's like!

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
long journeys i will listen to music
i use headphones connected to my phone and just turn on the radio
then when peeps call i answer phone, well its on auto so accepts all calls

F

FZ6 Naked!

I only tried once to see how it worked and didn't like dorking with the helmet to get the ear buds to not fall out. Otherwise, I'd be all over some good music! It's the only time I'm not in the cage with the family having to listen to soft crap!
Some day I'll read some of the forums to see some of the solutions people are using...

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
I only tried once to see how it worked and didn't like dorking with the helmet to get the ear buds to not fall out. Otherwise, I'd be all over some good music! It's the only time I'm not in the cage with the family having to listen to soft crap!
Some day I'll read some of the forums to see some of the solutions people are using...
i know how u feel, my wife puts on thomas the tank engine stories for the kids in the car
fffing nightmare

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I need all my brainpower focused on my riding. I can barely stand it when my hubby is chattering away on the intercom. No music for me.

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
Pumped because I got my Scala g4 back from cardo today, been rolling with no tunes for 10 days now! The rubber cover on the top button tore and they replaced it for free:thumbup: Summer comuting in the heat sucks with no tunes.

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone who says they won't ride with music needs a backroad session with ronald jenkees....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLTQJyfdLA"]Ronald Jenkees - Fifteen Fifty - YouTube[/ame]

edit:found a better one...

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had a problem with noise and most of time do listen to my Sony, am/fm stereo. I do have the ability to plug in an MP3 player after unplugging the radio (when your out in the middle of nowhere..

About $20.00 for thr stereo, some modifying to the headset as the speakers are velcroed into the ear pockets. The radio snaps over two plastic ties attached to the face shield..

Even with the Scorps, I can still hear it fine to about 60 MPH.

Lately, I like just listening to the engine/ open Scorps sing.. ;)

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone who says they won't ride with music needs a backroad session with ronald jenkees....

Ronald Jenkees - Fifteen Fifty - YouTube

edit:found a better one...

This is Riding Music..... Just saying.... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDpznl8eIs]AC/DC - Highway To Hell (with Bon Scott) - YouTube[/ame]

rodman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm surprised no one only wears one earbud. I rock one ear bud with pandora everywhere i go. 2 earbuds on a long trip. technically i'm only allowed one earbud in New york State.... I'm moving to CO!(not for the motorcycle laws though) hahaha I like to hear my exhaust and engine noise. it is sketchy with both ears plugged. just my opinion

rodman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm surprised no one only wears one earbud. I rock one ear bud with pandora everywhere i go. 2 earbuds on a long trip. technically i'm only allowed one earbud in New york State.... I'm moving to CO!(not for the motorcycle laws though) hahaha I like to hear my exhaust and engine noise. it is sketchy with both ears plugged. just my opinion

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm riding always with earplugs. I'm swtiching to music only on long highway stretches. I'm using etymotic mc5 earbuds as those are great in blocking outside noise. Without music I got tired on hwy very quickly.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried riding with earbuds one day. It kept going from normal volume to low to loud as hell. I even tried turning my phone volume to nothing to make it stop. I eventually had to stop on the highway and rip them out of my ears. I'm not sure if it was my phone or the cheap earbuds but it was awful. The sound issues were taking my attention away from riding so I had to shut it down. Having music was nice but it wasn't worth me wrecking because of the attending I had to pay to the music issues. Unless I get a pair of ear phones that don't have that issue I'll just continue to ride without them.