Does anybody know how to adjust your mirror's?

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I just can't get my mirror's well adjusted so I can ride on the highway's and see the vehicle's coming from behind me on the left. On the right there is no problem, but the left mirror is really hard to adjust. Is there someone that can give me some tips about this issue? Thank you very much.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm... are you just having trouble moving the stock to the front end or the mirror to the stalk??? is it how you are sitting???

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
For me, the stock mirrors are too far inboard, so when mirrors are adjusted to see directly behind me, I end up seeing my elbows. I've gotten into the habit of tucking my elbow in when I want to check the view behind.

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
I just can't get my mirror's well adjusted so I can ride on the highway's and see the vehicle's coming from behind me on the left. On the right there is no problem, but the left mirror is really hard to adjust. Is there someone that can give me some tips about this issue? Thank you very much.

Is this a naked or faired FZ ?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've gotten into the habit of tucking my elbow in when I want to check the view behind.

+1. Very hard to adjust left mirror to actually get good view without having elbow in the way. Just tuck it to get a quick look. ALWAYS do head check if you're actually changing lanes.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com

When you want to look, lean forward at the waist, and move your head side to side to increase the area you can look at.

I try to set my mirrors so only one of them 'looks' directly behind me... the other one is set to ensure I cover my blind spot on that side. that way, at a quick glance I can see what may be there.... but I always follow up with moving the upper torso to increase the area I see, and then do a head check as well.

brian-oki

Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard of people swapping mirrors from one side to the other. It makes them stick out a little more.

You could get bar end mirrors also..

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
For me, the stock mirrors are too far inboard, so when mirrors are adjusted to see directly behind me, I end up seeing my elbows. I've gotten into the habit of tucking my elbow in when I want to check the view behind.

Yes, this could do it. But still I'm a little bit disappointed about the mirror's. You really have to do some efforts to get them functional...
Is this an issue that is specific to bikes in general, or is the fz6 just equiped with really bad mirror's?

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
+1. Very hard to adjust left mirror to actually get good view without having elbow in the way. Just tuck it to get a quick look. ALWAYS do head check if you're actually changing lanes.

Doing the head check comforably is something I'm able to do recently because of my new Arai helmet. The Arai is formed in a way that the side surfaces are smaller than most other helmets. So at 75mph(speed limit here) you can turn your head without getting a hard pressure on your helmet and on your neck because of the riding wind. I ride 3 years now, and I think the biggest improvement that I got was by getting me a good helmet. This completly off topic offcourse. :)

S

Shamus McFeeley

I bought some stick on blind spot mirrors because of this. I sat on the bike and gauged the right placement, then stuck them on. It helps me mostly because I have some unused mirror space where my arms stick out into the view, so I didn't lose any overall visibility. You can get them at any auto parts store and they only cost $2 for set. I even got some tinted ones so that they reduce glare from headlights and the sun.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this problem to sort of. When I adjust both mirrors so that I see just the tips of my elbows, when cars pass me, when the dissappear in the mirror I can pick them up in my peripheral vison. This works well for traffic or highways. The rub is that I can't see behind me that well. I sometimes to "crazy Ivans"....swerve in the lane to get a peak behind me.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I also added two small convex mirrors and they do a great job of showing my blind spots to supplement my regular mirrors. For me the mirrors are just fine, but on my old Ninja 250 I had to do the old elbow tuck to see anything.
Picture028.jpg