Does the 07 FZ6 have a reserve fuel tank?

It's just like your fuel gauge on your vehicle, the first half of the fuel indicator goes down pretty slow, but when it gets past half, it starts to go down pretty quick, real quick when it's gets down to a 1/4 or less.
I have never thought about that your right now that I think about it. My truck is the same way.

I've got a 25 mile commute and will fill up after the segment when the bar starts flashing. What I really don't like is that my concentration on the road goes down when I have that blinky bar staring back at me ...

Today i ran out of gas.. I knew i was pushing my luck but i am getting 45 mpg so i figured i could go about 225 before i would run out of gas. I ran out at 200 miles...i pushed it to a gas station and was only able to get 4.4 of gas into the tank......i used the center stand while fueling..... Is the tank not really 5.1 gallons. I did go 50 miles WHILE the fuel gauge was flashing.

Today i ran out of gas.. Is the tank not really 5.1 gallons. I did go 50 miles WHILE the fuel gauge was flashing.

You did max out on your reserve, as I went 40 something miles before I ran out of fuel.

As for only getting 4.4 gallons in, you should have gotten more in. Did you top the tank off? This sounds ridiculous, but some people don't know how to fill up their tank to the max. They don't use the centerstand, and don't put anymore fuel in after the nozzle shuts off for the first time.

Most/many fill up while planting feet on ground and holding FZ6 perfectly level. Of course, if you're short legged this isn't an option.

Back