Down goes my pride & joy! Crash! Grrrrrrr! NOW FIXED!

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
re: Down goes my pride & joy! Crash! Grrrrrrr! NOW FIXED!

Jesus.

First lemme just offer my condolences dude. That is seriously messed up. Every-time I hear of someone going down I remember my accident and the crappy feeling that went with it.

The laws he broke...Drunk and disorderly and J-walking. As there was pedestrian crossings not far away.

I personally would have flattened him! Wrote down his license details also so I could find him for chat the next day.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site

I am so extremely sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're OK, though.

I know how bad it sucked to have wrecked my bike before I started modding it (when it still had the fairing and it was mostly stock). I can't even imagine how sickening it must have felt to have wrecked your bike after all that work you've put into it. The bike seems to be in pretty good shape, though, considering the circumstances, and I'm sure you'll have it back to 100% soon enough.

Take it easy and give yourself time to heal up. Get well soon.

Last edited:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site

Ahh sh1t,that sux bro :(Glad your OKish ;)

Did the DH get injured(or did I miss that on the inbetween pages):confused:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ahh sh1t,that sux bro :(Glad your OKish ;)

Did the DH get injured(or did I miss that on the inbetween pages):confused:

not really, from what i could see, he was pretty much ok, apart from a cut above his eye, and a fat lip, he looked ok....have not rung him since, as i dont think i could be civil to him just yet!.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

OK....popped around to Jamie's to survey the damage, and perhaps get a start, and with one thing leading to another, all it needs is a new low beam globe for the headlight, and to have that re-assembled to be on the road again. Will still be able to be ridden while waiting for the belly pan scuffs and headlight surround to be sorted.

The new bars, might be a good mod for anyone replacing theirs. These things took a big hit, and came out unscathed. The OEM ones would have bent like liquorice.

Started out by straigtening the the forks, which had twisted in the clamps....even to the point of having to loosen the front axle.

Had to straighten the right hand Oggie which was just at the point of mashing the frame, so that it could be undone. Replaced.

Changed out the footpegs on the Valtermoto rearsets, with the ones of his other set. Sorted.

Moved the bars back into position in the clamps. All good.

Belly pan removed to be taken to paint shop.

Headlight completely dissassembled to get everything straight, and replace the knackered globe in the low beam side. (unable to get one at 3AM...lol.)

Had a few stumbling blocks, but all told, after the belly pan and headlight are fixed, the re-asesmbly from this point will take about an hour to be at the same point it was before the crash.:rockon:

Pics.....

We Can't take all the credit. Here's the dog exhausted after slaving awat over a hot motorbike.

View attachment 32594

Here's the bike as we left it for the night

View attachment 32595

Here's a blurry pic of the belly pan. Two nice big scuffs.

View attachment 32596

Bars, Oggies etc. all sorted.

View attachment 32597

A very scuffed and scraped headlight surround.

View attachment 32598

Wolfman unmasked:eek:

View attachment 32599

Sheared off peg.

View attachment 32600

Peg and Oggie sorted, with matching peg, on the other side.

View attachment 32601

Probably other stuff, but at nearly 5AM....you can read about it another time....lol.

Folks. please chuck some rep Mikey's way....he did a fantastic job of fixing my bike last night....i just sat there and watched for pretty much all of it, as i have the strength of a 2 year old, in both my hands at the moment...

With friends like Ozzieboy, life is pretty sweet! yes Mikey might be a clown, in fact, there is no might be, he is a clown, but when the chips are down, this boy is always standing right next to you in the trenches, ready to take on whatever presents itself...

Champion friend, fairly handy with a spanner, and crazy as a hat full of jack in a box's....FFS, give the boy some rep!

:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Rep has been sent in Mikeys direction :rockon:

How can I send rep to the dog? ;)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Champion spanner?:eek:

Ugly as a hat full of 4$$holes?:eek:

Fairy, and handy?:eek:

Maybe I read that wrong.....have to go back for another look:thumbup::D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'd love to rep Mikey up but it tells me I have to 'share some love' :eek:

Relax Mikey , your safe with me around , this is a 'Man Love Free Zone' :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Champion spanner?:eek:

Ugly as a hat full of 4$$holes?:eek:

Fairy, and handy?:eek:

Maybe I read that wrong.....have to go back for another look:thumbup::D

You idiot! :spank:

As i said, nutjob at best, bloody good mate the rest of the time!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'd love to rep Mikey up but it tells me I have to 'share some love' :eek:

Relax Mikey , your safe with me around , this is a 'Man Love Free Zone' :thumbup:

Phew....gotta keep an eye out for those Rossi types:eek::spank::spank::ban::D

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site

Holy Crap you have some bad luck fella! What a dumbass!!!!! Glad there isn't too much damage to yourself or the bike, we have idiots like that down here too, had one the other night leaving the toyrun, some dude decided to walk across the lights on a red signal whilst I was coming at a fair pace down the road (I won't mention how many wheels were on the ground at the time and the fact that the wife was on the back at the time too lol).

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Got the new indicators today, and a replacement H3 55w globe for the headlight...so now it is just a matter of being strong enough in the hands to put it all back together, and it is rideable again...thanks to Mikey, lots of spares in the shed, a decent tool box, and a fair bit of luck re the accident, it could of been a lot lot worse....frame, axle, & fork sliders took the majority of the hit!!! The CF front fender must be pretty bloody strong too, as it must of taken a big hit...the front wheel, and fork sleeves were twisted about 45mm, around the fork legs!!! The right fork leg was pushed about 3mm through the top clamp!

Even the Bar end's are unscathed...

Still wanna get caged sliders though, the Oggy Knob frame slider was about 1mm away from making contact with the frame, and most probably cracking it at the oggy knob mounting point...

After seeing several bikes trashed through uncaged frame sliders breaking perimeter, cast alloy frames, i am convinced that Caged sliders are a much much better alternative...the search begins for a set that looks good, and is well deisgned!!!

Still, in this case, the Oggy Knob frame slider was bent to hell, with about 25mm ground off the end of it, but it did save the bike....BIGTIME!

:eek:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site

i'm dumbfounded and speechless. i havent yet congratulated you on the nice bars you got for the bike, then i have to read through this:(:(:(

im glad that you made it out ok with relatively few scathes, but im very sorry for what happened as through no fault of yours you had all your work and effort blown apart thanks to some b*****d motherf****r.

im equally sorry for the bike poor thing, but im glad that we ll see her again in all her glory:thumbup:

what are caged frame sliders??

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

i'm dumbfounded and speechless. i havent yet congratulated you on the nice bars you got for the bike, then i have to read through this:(:(:(

im glad that you made it out ok with relatively few scathes, but im very sorry for what happened as through no fault of yours you had all your work and effort blown apart thanks to some b*****d motherf****r.

im equally sorry for the bike poor thing, but im glad that we ll see her again in all her glory:thumbup:

what are caged frame sliders??

There is a thread on here about them somewhere?? Mikey posted a link to it the other day, after a discussion we had prior to the spill! Caged frame sliders are sliders that are attached to a normally tubular steel cage, which normally attaches at 3 different points on either/ and/ or the frame & engine, it spreads the load in a spill, and reduces the chance's of a cracked frame due to a frame slider bending so far, it breaks through the frame at the mounting point...

if i can find the thread, i will post a link...

:thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

Glad to hear you are relatively unscathed and that the bike will be recoverable. Word of advice, however, is to take it very easy for a week or two, and then I'd start doing some physical therapy. Even though you feel fine now, chances are you did some minor damage to the soft tissues surrounding your back (mostly musculature). Rehab will help with that and also with giving your wrists the best opportunity for 100% return to function.:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Holy crap Jamie! Just calling it a done deal on this build and this happens?!?!? I'm sooo sorry to hear!

I am GLAD to hear that you are basically OK without any breaks, that you have Mike as a friend and the bike can be sorted for short repairs! (Way to go Mikey!!) My off this past July was just as minor. I know it sucks, but look on the bright side, that no one was seriously injured and the bike is still capable to ride.

While the guy DID choose to get drunk, once there, he's lost control and cannot be helped. Was he stupid? Yes, for getting so drunk he stepped out in front of you, but not because he stepped out. Be angry that he cannot control his drinking, not because he caused your off. If you do get a chance to speak with him, be civil and tell him he seriously needs to seek counseling or enter a detox program. No one should be drinking to the point you wander out in traffic!

So, now in the land down under, to ride you have to watch out for BOTH jumpers and drunkards! Duly noted for when I finally get there in a few years! :D

Glad you'll be back on two wheels soon! Take care!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site

So sorry you and your bike went BOOM. :( I hope you both heal up soon.

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site

Wow, Wolf. What's left to say?? Glad you're ok and glad to hear the damage is fixable.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Holy crap Jamie! Just calling it a done deal on this build and this happens?!?!? I'm sooo sorry to hear!

I am GLAD to hear that you are basically OK without any breaks, that you have Mike as a friend and the bike can be sorted for short repairs! (Way to go Mikey!!) My off this past July was just as minor. I know it sucks, but look on the bright side, that no one was seriously injured and the bike is still capable to ride.

While the guy DID choose to get drunk, once there, he's lost control and cannot be helped. Was he stupid? Yes, for getting so drunk he stepped out in front of you, but not because he stepped out. Be angry that he cannot control his drinking, not because he caused your off. If you do get a chance to speak with him, be civil and tell him he seriously needs to seek counseling or enter a detox program. No one should be drinking to the point you wander out in traffic!

So, now in the land down under, to ride you
have to watch out for BOTH jumpers and drunkards! Duly noted for when I finally get there in a few years! :D

Glad you'll be back on two wheels soon!
Take care!

Yeah, I am more angry at the situation, rather than the drunken fool! Somehow I think he might be just as sore as me' right now!

Not going to bother ringing him...nothing to gain by that, the bike is halfway to fixed, and I have moved...which might not of been so easy to do, if I had major frame damage, or a cracked engine case or something!!!

I am only days away from riding the thing again, so life is good!

In fact, life is excellent, I have 2 beautiful kids, a great Missus, a shed full of toys! Things could be a lot worse!

Life is too short too dwell on what's happened! Move on, and keep moving forward I say! Cause if ya don't, everyone will just move straight on past you!

I must say I did enjoy putting it back together, and making it all work again! I tell ya, between mikey and myself, we do a better job than we give our fool like selves credit for!