Down goes my pride & joy! Crash! Grrrrrrr! NOW FIXED!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
re: Down goes my pride & joy! Crash! Grrrrrrr! NOW FIXED!

I pretty much finished restoring the thing back to it's "former glory" tonight, in fact, i think it looks a little bit better again, this time...

Crap light available in shed, so i will take some photo's tomorrow...

Woohoo!

....as he breathes a huuuuuuge sigh of relief! :thumbup:

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site

I'd hate to admit it, but i've got a little misty eyed every time i thought about that sweet "street fighter" of yours hitting the ground, :( oh yeah, glad to hear your doing good to man!! :thumbup:
looking forward to seeing the pics of the newly repaired "street fighter"

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

BINGO!!! It took until post #43 for someone to ask what happened to the other human being. Yeah, he was a dickhead, but when we see a 'roo, deer or a drunk in the median why does responsibility to control the outcome leave our hands? You are in control of the machine, you could have (should have?) slowed down or possibly rode around it,QUOTE]

I had no chance to ride around him, avoid him, i did take evasive action, but like a rabbit caught in headlights, he sort of instinctively moved towards my head light.... I did hit him on the left side of the bike, with the bike turned towards the right, but i had about 10 metres in which to do anything...

I have been riding for a bloody long time, and i honestly think i could not have done anymore to avoid the accident...

He should be charged just like a drunk driver, he did not have control of his functions due to being staggering drunk, and as such should not be anywhere near a road, or at best, at least use the Pedestrian lights that were 30-40 metres away...

I wouldnt want to kill, or harm anyone, and i am the innocent victim of an act of irresponsible drunken lunacy...this was on one of Adelaide's busiest roads in the heart of the City...Your an idiot if you dont use the Pedestrian crossing's, even when your sober!

He obviously was not seriously injured when he squared up to me after he got up off the road, accusing me of aiming for him, and wanting to hit me....

It took the intervention of a couple of 3rd parties to get him to piss off and leave me alone, so i could get the bike off the road without having him in my face!

I was sober, riding responsibly, and should not have to deal with such "hazards" in the middle of the road...

:thumbup:

here is my view on the subject. I personally feel the drunk should have died. I realize I live in a different country but people like this are the reason insurance is so high. I personally feel that if he was dumb enough to get that drunk, then he had it coming. No different than someone who breaks into a house to rob them. They should know that there is a good possibility someone could be in that house with a gun and shoot them. The only time compassion should be given for someone that abuses alcohol that much is when they are checked into rehab!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Well, here it is! The beast is back! :D

View attachment 33066

View attachment 33067

View attachment 33068

View attachment 33069

View attachment 33070

View attachment 33071

View attachment 33072

View attachment 33073

View attachment 33074

View attachment 33075

Things that have been fixed, or replaced, or added since the spill....

- Bellypan, bogged up, and re-painted in 2 pack.

- Headlight shroud, filled, repaired, and re-painted in 2 pack.

- Frame sliders...

- New front and rear LED indicators.

- Footpegs...stolen off a spare set of Valtermoto rearsets i have...they are a little crashed damaged, but will do the job till the new replacement items come from Valtermoto.

- New bar-end mirrors.

- New levers and radial front brake master cylinder.

- New race stand pick up's, with CF protective film on swingarm, around them, to prevent scratches from the stand on the swingarm...

Waiting on a Dynojet quickshifter, The Valtermoto footpegs, and CF shin guards, and a new set of extended GYTR frame sliders.

Also it looks like i need to do the clutch....gearbox has been a bit "funny" since we replaced the clutch cable last week....will investigate that tomorrow!

Rode the wheels off it today...was great to have the bike back in full "battle dress"!!!

But for now, i am just gonna sit here, drink a beer, and keep looking at the thing!

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now just have to watch out for blind skydivers, and their seeing eye dogs.:eek:

About the only thing not to attack us yet.:rolleyes:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oooo, you'll like that QS, nothing like it.

Yes, I have been looking forward to getting the powershifter...will get the bike re-dyno'd when I get the powershifter fitted! So it should be "happy days" when that's done.

Now just have to watch out for blind skydivers, and their seeing eye dogs.:eek:

About the only thing not to attack us yet.:rolleyes:

Lol! I had a few cyclists that thought that both sides of lobethal road was for their exclusive use today...thought about going ten pin bowling with them...then I remembered....

:eek:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are still up and running. It would have been a shame to have lost such a member as yourself due to a drunk. Speaking for myself I have found many post by you very helpful. As far as having the bike done... well if not this, you would have found another reason to do something to it. Other than the ride, making the bike uniquely yours is half the fun

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna miss Johhny 5, but welcome back Damien!

I aint going to miss Johny 5....

Bike just didnt look "right" without the Bellypan, and the headlight shroud!

It was actually quite stressful for me! :(

Happy boy now though....

:rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How in the world did I miss this whole thread for this long!!!! I'm sorry to hear what happened Jamie!! and glad to see you've allmost gt it all back together!!! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How in the world did I miss this whole thread for this long!!!! I'm sorry to hear what happened Jamie!! and glad to see you've allmost gt it all back together!!! :rockon:

Cheers Donny.....this bike is always being put back together.....

:eek: