Electronic Flasher Relays-Great Price!

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
I have led front turn signals and led pod lights. The pod lights double as running lights (one wire spliced into running light wire, other spliced into turn signal wire). If I add this flasher relay will everything still work correctly?

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed that relay on my bike with bulbs up front, leds in back and the OEM bulbs hidden in the fairing by the previous owner and it worked fine. You could run pod lights and body leds all over the bike and that relay would work. It just turns the power on-off. I'd think it would be tough to overload it if I couldn't. I have now removed the OEM bulbs and and added an led license plate light it still works fine. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have led front turn signals and led pod lights. The pod lights double as running lights (one wire spliced into running light wire, other spliced into turn signal wire). If I add this flasher relay will everything still work correctly?
From what I've heard this works with the OEM flasher but I haven't tested it out myself on either. If the output of the electronic flasher changes state from 12 positive to ground then it will work as a ground path for the LED pod light ans when it goes to it's 12 positive the LED pod will turn off allowing dual function as a directional signal. :) It may not go fully to 0 volts or ground so the LED pod light may not light as bright as it was designed for. This what I think may happen using it in this configuration.

These should do what you want. Custom LED Blinker Genie Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
From what I've heard this works with the OEM flasher but I haven't tested it out myself on either. If the output of the electronic flasher changes state from 12 positive to ground then it will work as a ground path for the LED pod light ans when it goes to it's 12 positive the LED pod will turn off allowing dual function as a directional signal. :) It may not go fully to 0 volts or ground so the LED pod light may not light as bright as it was designed for. This what I think may happen using it in this configuration.

These should do what you want. Custom LED Blinker Genie Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

I decided to order the relay anyway and for $10 take my chances. Everything works the exact same as it did before I put in the new relay (just slower ;) ). So I'm happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Sold. Just purchased one...now I will have have less excited turn signals. Thanks for the thread.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for this thread! Purchased the electronic relay, simple install. Then I was able to cut my Motodynamic tail light resistor block out of the circuit. Gotta be a slight increase in my 1/4 mile speed by eliminating that hunk of ceramic resistors. :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, but I'm in Canada and with shipping and duties, I went with the other one since it was cheaper in the end and less hassle.

Here's the one I ordered: LED Turn Signal Flash Rate Relay YZF R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 FZ8 | eBay

That's a broken link. Doesn't take me to the relay you're talking about which is about twice the price of the one in the link I've listed at the beginning of this thread. :)

Here's the link... Flashers & Load Resistors | Car Bulb Installation Supplies | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs
LF1-S-FLAT Universal Motorcycle Electronic Flasher $8.95!

zepe63

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if anyone reads this string anymore, but wanted to share my current situation. Installed led turn signals in the front and back; had the anticipated hyper blink. Bought and installed the relay. Works perfect at idle, however, at speed (5000 to 7000 rpm) I'm back to hyper flash or no flash (light stays on). Anyone else experience this? User install error?

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if anyone reads this string anymore, but wanted to share my current situation. Installed led turn signals in the front and back; had the anticipated hyper blink. Bought and installed the relay. Works perfect at idle, however, at speed (5000 to 7000 rpm) I'm back to hyper flash or no flash (light stays on). Anyone else experience this? User install error?

I got the flasher genie and although the first one was defective, the second one works no problem. What year do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Check your voltage at the battery at that rpm range to be sure you don't have a problem with over voltage because of a bad regulator rectifier. Voltage should not be higher than 14.5 to 14.9 vdc. If voltage at that rpm is good, you may have a defective flasher.unit.

zepe63

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2005 which I stripped naked. I checked the voltage at the battery between 5000 and 7000 rpm where my issue existed and voltage was good/stable at 14.3 & 14.5.. I emailed the Amazon seller to see if they would replace/exchange. If not I try the superbrightled link in the 1st post.

zepe63

Reaction score
Visit site
Check your voltage at the battery at that rpm range to be sure you don't have a problem with over voltage because of a bad regulator rectifier. Voltage should not be higher than 14.5 to 14.9 vdc. If voltage at that rpm is good, you may have a defective flasher.unit.

Cliff....

THANKS! it was a bad flasher.