Ever wondered how a squid sees the world?

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl0ohHLtHsA]YouTube - ‪Car Tries to Make Motorcycles Crash, Multiple Times!!!!!!! Buffalo, NY‬‏[/ame]

Okay I'll give a brief description in case the guy removes his video:
Rider comes up behind a car at night on a surface street. There are two lanes of travel in his direction and both vehicles are in the left lane. Rider proceeds to tailgate the car, rev his engine, pop a little wheelie, and wander into the center turn lane. Then he quickly changes to the right lane and rides in the car's blind spot. The car brake checks him (not sure you can call it that since they weren't in the same lane and the car barely tapped the brakes) and signals to change into the right lane so they can exit the roadway. Before exiting, it looks like the car taps his breaks lightly. The rider sums up this encounter by labeling the car's driver as an aggressive driver who tried to make him crash.

So maybe this guy is just trolling, but I doubt it. Obviously, I don't agree with the rider's assessment of the situation, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just thought it was interesting to see what riding is like for someone I would classify as a squid, and see how they perceive other motorists.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. I hope this guy isn't serious. The car appeared to do nothing wrong but perhaps over react with the brakes when it tried to lane change and saw the motorcycle sitting in it's blind spot. Car even used it's signal the entire time it was lane changing and exiting the road way. :spank:

basejumpyeah

Reaction score
Visit site
For people who think it's a good logic to wear nothing but shorts and a T when riding, as well as pop a wheelie while tailgating, I really am not surprised he thought this car was trying to kill him.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I'll give a brief description in case the guy removes his video:
Rider comes up behind a car at night on a surface street. There are two lanes of travel in his direction and both vehicles are in the left lane. Rider proceeds to tailgate the car, rev his engine, pop a little wheelie, and wander into the center turn lane. Then he quickly changes to the right lane and rides in the car's blind spot. The car brake checks him (not sure you can call it that since they weren't in the same lane and the car barely tapped the brakes) and signals to change into the right lane so they can exit the roadway. Before exiting, it looks like the car taps his breaks lightly. The rider sums up this encounter by labeling the car's driver as an aggressive driver who tried to make him crash.

So maybe this guy is just trolling, but I doubt it. Obviously, I don't agree with the rider's assessment of the situation, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just thought it was interesting to see what riding is like for someone I would classify as a squid, and see how they perceive other motorists.

There may be more to this video but....
It looks like the car driver may be unsure of what's transpiring with the sport bike. Is the car operator watching what the bike is doing in the rear view mirror? Has this rider intimidated the driver! If a cars has a problem with me I'm either backing off or I'm out of there.

This rider just hung around to get beat by a minimum 2000 lbs and four wheels? Lost my vote for that alone.

Another rider making it bad for others, claiming foul then posting the plate of an innocent owner/driver on the internet? :confused::spank:

Looks like a trolling job to me.

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
In watching the video again, I did pick up an error by the car. Watch them turn from the right left-turn lane into the left lane. That would have pissed me off a bit, but certainly would not have caused me to act like the rider recording this video.

Still, that may have been what initially instigated the motorcyclist. Then he responded by being a dick. Then the car was a dick back. Next thing you know, everyone is driving/riding like a dick, everyone thinks it was the other guy who started it, and it goes on until someone wrecks.

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
He is acting like an idiot..
Popping a wheelie, swerving into opposite lane before quickly going into the right hand lane... The driver has absolutely no clue what the rider is going too do next. For all he/she knows he could suddenly blast past.
The only thing the driver did wrong was to stay in the left lane, when he/she should have moved over from the beginning especially when he/she knew they needed to take the next right.

And the thing that seals the deal that we're dealing with a dumbass on a bike... Posting the cars license plate, what a nice touch.:spank::spank::spank::spank:

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree, didn't see anything overly aggressive done by the car but did see some obnoxious behaviour by the bike. I think the guy is offbase in thinking the car driver was 'out to get him'. Unfortunately we live in a time when everyone wants to be a 'star' so they are always looking to be able to post something online to burnish their reputation. I know a lot of people use these cameras now but what's the point of having one when tooling around at night unless you are looking for situations? Just wondering.

Last edited:

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Sad day -- I didn't get a chance to see it (can't access YouTube at work), but based on the description of the video and comments it seems like this rider had a bad perception of the situation.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
TCMalker returns! :D

Seriously, what a tool, i was wishing someone would take the squid out by the time i finished digesting that dribble!

Car was definitely intimidated by toolish bike rider....

:spank:

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
On a bike or in a car, it still comes down to avoiding accidents (even if you have the right of way). Bikers amaze me when they get self righteous with a vehicle four times their weight - being right and dead earns one nothing. By far, I think the majority of folks aren't out to hurt anyone (though cell phone users do piss me off). The biker here should have backed off and given the driver a safe exit from the road (I didn't see the video btw).