Fatal motorcycle wreck (pics)

S

sportrider

Motorcyclist Killed After High-Speed Crash Overnight Tuesday April 17, 2007

Tulsa - A Broken Arrow man was killed early Tuesday morning after a motorcycle accident on Highway 169 near 81st Street.

Witnesses say the cyclist was going faster than 100 miles per hour when he crashed into the back of a semi truck between 81st and 91st Street at about one o'clock Tuesday morning.

Investigators say evidence shows the cyclist was going about 120 miles per hour at the time of the impact. It took the truck driver more than a quarter of a mile to come to a stop. When he did, he stepped out of his rig and found the motorcyclist dead at the back of the truck.

"The truck driver was not hurt," says Captain Matt Kirkland "He said that the impact was so strong that he thought he was hit from behind by another truck."

Officers said there was no indication that drugs or alcohol played a factor in the accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
That is one F-up set of pics. That poor mo-fo ran right into the back of that truck. Where is the story?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
A Broken Arrow man was killed early Tuesday morning after a motorcycle accident on Highway 169 near 81st Street.

Holy ****! As wierd as this sounds I was born and live for about 15 years in Broken Bow OK. Small world!

S

sportrider

ya this one came from my mother in law, what do you think shes trying to say?

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
If you live in a rual area you can get quick blips to 100mph + but never sustained speed. Id never go that fast on an interstate or high way.. to many police and to many bad automobile drivers.

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just outside OKC and I haven't heard anything about this. I'm going to e-mail a good friend in Tulsa and ask him about it. The pics look suspicious to me.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sceptical about the authenticity of these pics. On the one hand it would have been difficult to set up the scene with emergency vehicles etc.

But, it's his right foot that bothers me. If he had been dragged for 1/4 of a mile, it would be little more than a stump & there would be lots of blood.

If they are genuine, he ain't feeling no more. I do feel for his family & loved ones. A lesson for us all!

S

sportrider

I'm sure its real it may have taken that long to lose his shoes and socks.:(

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
This upsets me so much its just unreal. The poor bloody biker. I know that its inexcusable that anyone should go that fast on the road but this lad did and this is what he has to show for it...a broken bike and horrific photographs. If he were ripped to parts I wouldn't be affected this much but the fact that he's hanging there is almost worse.

RIP man, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends who have to keep these horrible images in their memories from now on.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sceptical about the authenticity of these pics.

Are you kidding me????????? I'm not sceptical at all, those PICS ARE FAKE!!!! They don't even look kinda real and the "facts" don't add up at all. Come on people...

:banghead:

fZ6_sportrider, did you hit 160 yet?
________
Sunset Boulevard Residence Condo

Last edited:

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes they are real, and it did happen. My Mother-in-law told me about this before this post. She heard it on the news. She makes a point to let me know about any motorcycle accident she hears about. In response, I just tell her about the latest auto death and say "I can't believe you still drive a car! Someone was just killed in one!" She doesn't think I'm very funny.

S

sportrider

Are you kidding me????????? I'm not sceptical at all, those PICS ARE FAKE!!!! They don't even look kinda real and the "facts" don't add up at all. Come on people...

:banghead:

fZ6_sportrider, did you hit 160 yet?
not yet it seems the FZ6 topps out at 153MPH on the flats(158MPH with a 190/50zr17 rear);)