feeling different in the turns

l3hmanj78

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have a particular side they feel more comfortable turning on their bike towards? For some reason, I can turn right all day long at fairly decent speeds; however, if I turn left I feel real uncomfortable and want to slow down.

Jeff

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that's normal. You just have to practice and get used to going to the left then soon it will be like old hat.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha..
I got some more confidence on Left Turn compare to the right turn; strange??
If I see the rear tire chicken strips, right side is wider than left.. ha ha ha
I remember some thread about it.
Mostly, brain activity and road riding orientation.
US rides on the right side of road which gives riders wide and easier left turn practice everyday.
And right turning on the road is mostly tighter compare to the left curvers in here.
???

Last edited:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Left turns are WAY more comfortable for me. This is an area of riding I wish to improve upon. I think it is due to the fact that the throttle is on the right side, so when you press right to turn right, the pressing motion gets confused with the rolling of the throttle.

So i tend to be more cautious to distinguish the PRESS of the bar, with the ROLL of the throttle around right turns.

jcrawford

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, it is different for everyone. I feel better on a left turn. Either way I will take a curvy road over a straight one any day.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
We have a lot of right turn exit ramps around here. I tend to practice my turns (cornering, etc.) on them and it feels good. I feel like I'm neglecting my left hand turns/cornering though and I have to hunt to find left hand exit ramps.

For just slow speed maneuvers, I'm more comfortable on the left too.

Dennis