first time at drag strip

allaboutatv

Reaction score
Visit site
bout to head out to the drag strip with my bike for the first time! post the times up this evening when i get back....any tips?

Yes,

Have fun!!!!!!

slip the clutch, make lots of noise, stay out of the water, you dont need a burnout.
Lower the pressure in your rear a little bit, if the front comes up use the rear brake to bring it back down, say thanks to the track workers, relax and just HAVE FUN!!!!!!

fastest time of the day was an 11.88. Everyone feel free to post their times, i don't know if this is a good time or not? it was my first time to do that so i was learning. my first 3 or 4 runs were mid 12's and then worked my way down.

fastest time of the day was an 11.88. Everyone feel free to post their times, i don't know if this is a good time or not? it was my first time to do that so i was learning. my first 3 or 4 runs were mid 12's and then worked my way down.

whats that link for? theirs only one other time

I was just responding to your post. I provided a link on my times, plus another member. Not just the 1/4 mile times, but the actual breakdown. There are a lot of times posted for the 1/4 mile, you just have to use the search function to see the others.

11.88 is a great time by the way, especially if you've never done it before.

MY VIDEO BELOW

profilepic83_7.gif

Last edited:
I was just responding to your post. I provided a link on my times, plus another member. Not just the 1/4 mile times, but the actual breakdown. There are a lot of times posted for the 1/4 mile, you just have to use the search function to see the others.

11.88 is a great time by the way, especially if you've never done it before.

MY VIDEO BELOW

profilepic83_7.gif

cool vids, what rpm were you launching at?

cool vids, what rpm were you launching at?

I wasn't looking down so I have no idea, I was always looking straight up at the light to conentrate on my I launch.

The 2nd time down the track, I was actually on the right, racing a SV650. He had a better launch and better low end, but I ended up beating him for the 1/4 mile.

my roommate has an 03 sv650 and his fastest time of the day was a 13.08. one of the other guys in the club i went with was riding an sv1000 and never broke 12.4..

Back