Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got em in the mail today, they look great, thx

this is how they arrived lol:

DSC00177.JPG

It was a matter of Nat'l Security. Those luckirishboy foot pegs could have been used to do this.... If you've never seen it, Slim Pickens riding a nuke to it's destination in some "Dr.Strangelove" movie Hahaha!

You're going to love those pegs!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow. what happen? thats how they arrived? customs most have not liked those.lol. thats the first ive seen that happen.
Well I will vouch for Josh on this. He has had nothing but 100% positive feedback.
Lord knows what customs were doing with your package? Or could it have been a dishonest postie? Were the pegs in the packet intact?

Nelly

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I will vouch for Josh on this. He has had nothing but 100% positive feedback.
Lord knows what customs were doing with your package? Or could it have been a dishonest postie? Were the pegs in the packet intact?

Nelly

yea the pegs were perfect, I put em on and they look great :thumbup:
The paper felt somewhat wet, the mailman didn't hand em over but pushed em halfway down the mail slot thingy in the door, my dad said he tried to pull em through but obviously it didn't fit. So I don't know if he broke the package or the postal service did. I'm somewhat disappointed in them tho, it's too hard to simply ring a bell and hand over a package that doesn't fit through the door.. ah well, as long as the contents ok all is well I guess.

100% positive feedback from me too, I love em, to bad theres 20 cm's of snow and salty roads preventing me from taking a ride.

edit: ooo feedback thingy in the forums now, gave you +1 :D

Last edited:

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
yea the pegs were perfect, I put em on and they look great :thumbup:
The paper felt somewhat wet, the mailman didn't hand em over but pushed em halfway down the mail slot thingy in the door, my dad said he tried to pull em through but obviously it didn't fit. So I don't know if he broke the package or the postal service did. I'm somewhat disappointed in them tho, it's too hard to simply ring a bell and hand over a package that doesn't fit through the door.. ah well, as long as the contents ok all is well I guess.

100% positive feedback from me too, I love em, to bad theres 20 cm's of snow and salty roads preventing me from taking a ride.

edit: ooo feedback thingy in the forums now, gave you +1 :D

thanks for the good feedback. i dont know what happen with the package? its a real far trip from my place to yours so u never know what they went threw. maybe now on ill send them in boxes, allot of people like the packages i sent them in because it fits in their mail box. this is the first time ive heard of this happing during shipping. i will deff make a note of this.
sorry about ur package, i assure you i didn't leave my house like that, but at least everything was their and wasn't damaged.
be safe riding out their and leave a report once u get to ride with them, i love hearing ride reports with the new pegs.

Last edited:

DMorck

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed mine and they are beautiful. I did ful pegs for the front and inserts for the rear. Much nicer than stock and I doubt I will be slipping off these anytime soon.

Thanks!

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
just to keep everyone posted , the machine shop is sold. but before it was closed down i busted out allot of foot pegs of both types, to keep them in stock. 1st come 1st served

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a second FZ6. Might need another set. Did you ever make inserts to replace the ruber on the stock pegs? I remember you talking about it. How well do they work?

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a second FZ6. Might need another set. Did you ever make inserts to replace the ruber on the stock pegs? I remember you talking about it. How well do they work?

yes sir, i do make the screw-in plates. they are my #1 in sales. i have some on my bike and they work great for me, you could alway go threw the thread and ask others u have bought them, i haven't had any bad feed back yet, every ones seems to be real happy with their pegs. i did a complete redesign on my pegs. they now have a higher more rounded arch on them so the rider can pivot his foot back and forth without slipping off the foot rest. makes shifting allot easier with the added grip. i have pics on page three of the newer screw-in plates. maybe this link will make it easier to find them if it works?. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/9816-foot-pegs-3.html

the screw-in plates fit both front and back pegs also. they sale for $35.00 for a set.

Stevenator

I'll be back...eventually
Reaction score
Visit site
So after installing the inserts, changing the oil and filter, and waiting for a week for the rain to let up... I finally rode my bike to work today!!! :cheer::cheer:
The new plates are amazing!:thumbup: My feet were secure, and since the inserts are rounded, it seems much easier to transition from being on the balls of my feet to shifting position. Great job on the design! You have a very satisfied customer!!:D:D:D

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
yes sir, i do make the screw-in plates. they are my #1 in sales. i have some on my bike and they work great for me, you could alway go threw the thread and ask others u have bought them, i haven't had any bad feed back yet, every ones seems to be real happy with their pegs. i did a complete redesign on my pegs. they now have a higher more rounded arch on them so the rider can pivot his foot back and forth without slipping off the foot rest. makes shifting allot easier with the added grip. i have pics on page three of the newer screw-in plates. maybe this link will make it easier to find them if it works?. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/9816-foot-pegs-3.html

the screw-in plates fit both front and back pegs also. they sale for $35.00 for a set.

this link works better:) it was a few pages up for me. We may have the post per/ page setting different

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/9816-foot-pegs-6.html#post128176

I bought a set of full pegs from you for my other bike after I flipped it. I'll take a set of inserts for this one. PM me or post your paypal.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: making plates with grips for foot pegs

Installed my inserts the other day. Really nice upgrade. I have a full peg set on my other bike. Like those a bit more but that is mainly a visual thing. Both sets feel great under my foot and provide awesome grip.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I never got around to posting a full review.

Sorry for that.

Summary: I have zero grip on the soles of my shoes. They are smooth rubber. In the rain and when stepping in muck they are literally as butter on stock pegs. Now they hold no matter what. Sometimes they grip the underside of my foot as I slide the foot forwards to 'comfort-spot' instead of 'sport-spot' and pull the peg up on its pivot, but that is the tiniest price to pay for wicked grip and life safety in the rain in turns. I'm not even talking about aggressive rain riding. Just casual stuff....it is safe where before it was dangerous. That is a big testament to this upgrade.

mikesfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
do any of you know if the Motor Werks peg lowering blocks will work for the 2006 FZ? please let me know. Or if you know of any other lowering blocks

thanks mike

mikesfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the inserts, ordered set for both front and rear, they look great and were here in 3 days, great job Irish!!!!!

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
Will your front inserts fit a 2007 FZ1??

not 100% sure on that one. I know they fir the older model FZ1 because they fit my buddy bike and its and older FZ1. you could look at Yam part numbers and see if they match up to the FZ6? most of the times company's use the same parts to save on money.