Foot pegs

Red Scorpion

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: new foot pegs pics that i made for my bike

Those look great LIB. You some kinda machinist or what?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Those look GREAT! I may have to sign up for a pair!

Any chance you could make replacement screw-on inserts to just replace the rubber pads? With the same material and pattern for grip?

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site

Any chance you could make replacement screw-on inserts to just replace the rubber pads? With the same material and pattern for grip?[/QUOT

trust me they are sooooo much better than stock. i love mine

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site

Nice work! :rockon: Those really came out good. I think I'm gonna need me some of them.

They still fold up right, just without that extended ball piece which would normally make first contact with the ground?

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

Nice work! :rockon: Those really came out good. I think I'm gonna need me some of them.

They still fold up right, just without that extended ball piece which would normally make first contact with the ground?

yes the still fold up. just without that extended ball piece

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

Any chance you could make replacement screw-on inserts to just replace the rubber pads? With the same material and pattern for grip?[/QUO

i never thought about that:thumbup: i will see what i can do

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
making plates with grips for foot pegs

i started making plates with grips (just like the hole foot pegs i made ealyer). just simply un screw your stock rubber grips and screw in my new plates and you now have a cheaper and easyer way to get the race look and grip. no more taking off the back brake pedal, and gear shifter. my kit will come with all the hardware needed. they will be selling for $35.00us + shipping. i will post pics latter today. or if you want the whole foot peg i can do that for you to $60.00 + shipping. pm me if intereasted.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: making plates with grips for foot pegs

I can't wait to see the pics. Can they fit on to both the front and the rear?

You should take some pictures of both the full pegs and the screw-ons installed on the bike if you can.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

I can't wait to see the pics. Can they fit on to both the front and the rear?

You should take some pictures of both the full pegs and the screw-ons installed on the bike if you can.

yes they will fit on both front and back, and i will have pics later on today

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site

The screw ons should work on 07+ passenger pegs.. but not pre-07. The passenger pegs are different just to clarify that. The full peg should fit any year and both rider and passenger though :thumbup:

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

The screw ons should work on 07+ passenger pegs.. but not pre-07. The passenger pegs are different just to clarify that. The full peg should fit any year and both rider and passenger though :thumbup:

thanks i did not know that

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

here are some pics the backs, they are the screw in plates. and the fronts are the whole pegs.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site

Just out of curiosity is there a weight difference in the full peg vs stock peg/screw on deal? I'm sure if there is it's pretty insignificant.. just curious. And how about vibration, any noticable difference between the two? Wonder if you could put some kind of rubber seal between the screw on plates and the stock mounts to reduce vibrations.. food for thought. Btw fantastic idea with the screw on plates I'm diffinatly in for a pair.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

sorry its kinda hard to get my camra to take pics of metal, i dont know why? i thinks it just reflects too much back. but it tried to get the best pics i could. these screw in plats took my no more that five min to put one very easy, just unscrew the two screws from the botom of the foot pegs and take of stock rubber grips and put on my plats and screw them in and you done.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

Just out of curiosity is there a weight difference in the full peg vs stock peg/screw on deal? I'm sure if there is it's pretty insignificant.. just curious. And how about vibration, any noticable difference between the two? Wonder if you could put some kind of rubber seal between the screw on plates and the stock mounts to reduce vibrations.. food for thought. Btw fantastic idea with the screw on plates I'm diffinatly in for a pair.

their is a differnts between the two, the whole peg is much more stronger the the stock. you could tell a big differnce when you hold each in your hand. but not were you would notice on your bike of course. i have no vibration difference of the whole pegs, i thought their would be, but i cant tell a difference, ant say for the back screw in ones, i never road on the back of my bike, they fit real snug. and the next ones i make will be way bteer then the ones in the pics, those are just proto types. if their was any viberation you could always put gasket maker on the bottom. but i dont think their will be any, if you look at the whole set up on the backs the bracket that holds the foot pegs felxes and i think yahama did that for that reason.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

that gap you see on the back of the plat wont be on their, when i start selling them. they will fit alot better, the ones in the pics were just a prto type.