Forum (Jacket) Patches

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IMHO The international part of the forum is pretty fundamental we have members from:
Australia
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
England
France
Holland
Ireland
Jerusalem?
Kanada lol
Merica
Norway
Mother Russia
Poland
Turkey
USA

This list is not exhaustive and just off the top of my head, however it's up to you guys.

Nelly

..and even from NEW JERSEY! :Sport:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks had a play over lunch with the original art, so my version is a bit dodgy, but I took out the International bit and its certainly clearer to read, it could look like this:

( I have the original patch on two of my jackets) but if it changes design I'll buy another for my new jacket, but its leather and the word from motojoe is it costs to sew them on-
when I put one of them on my winter jacket I sewed through the pocket as well-doofus, so I dont qualify as the worlds greatest seamstress although I do re hem all my draggins and that sewing is a bit bodgy too)
LOL.... enough about my needlework this is a thread about patches, sorry for the hi-jack

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks had a play over lunch with the original art, so my version is a bit dodgy, but I took out the International bit and its certainly clearer to read, it could look like this:

( I have the original patch on two of my jackets) but if it changes design I'll buy another for my new jacket, but its leather and the word from motojoe is it costs to sew them on-
when I put one of them on my winter jacket I sewed through the pocket as well-doofus, so I dont qualify as the worlds greatest seamstress although I do re hem all my draggins and that sewing is a bit bodgy too)
LOL.... enough about my needlework this is a thread about patches, sorry for the hi-jack
It's very clean looking, I ironed mine on it started to lift but with a bit of iron on hem material it is holding well.

nelly

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have the original design layout from the original patch run I did last year(?) I can send that to you or I can reorder a few more batches, it's up to you Elite. I really wanna apologize to everyone for not doing it sooner and I know that several members were asking when they are being run again, I was incredibly busy this last year with graduating school and continuing my flight training before I picked up on another project.

Elite, let me know if you want the design details from the last project and I think the company I used before now introduced glow in the dark, PVC, and reflective patches.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so the place is a little disorganized and they seem to be stuck on this one design. I'm going to have a call with them to get them to get the original design mockup. In the meantime - here is the first mock-up they did of the second design.
I kinda like this one though - and Yamaha motorsports logo is shown correctly too. The only issue I have with this design is that it needs a more vibrant blue, imho.

What do you think?

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^Logo and layout look fine to me, but it needs more color. It looks far too bland IMO.

Again, I'll go with whatever is decided, but wanted to offer an opinion since you asked.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got them to roll back to the original design - they should have a physical sample soon. I also asked them to get more vibrant blue. As soon as they have a sample, i'll post it here.

Cheers,

TS

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the first one - I have the T shirt and like the idea of a blue badge.... it matches my blue bike like it was designed for the best coloured Fazer

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I got them to replicate the original design.

I'm about to pull the trigger, unless people have a big problem with it.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i am def in for two patches, one for the new jacket and the spare for the future and " in support "

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

Still waiting on the final sewn out sample - they are not the most organized guys out there. Granted, it looks like they are pretty popular so maybe they have a lot of volume, but anyways... I realized the patch was a bit smaller than the previous design, so i asked to bump it up to similar dimensions, so now i'm waiting for them to come back with the sample before pulling the trigger.

They already charged my credit card, of course ;-)

Last edited:

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

Still waiting on the final sewn out sample - they are not the most organized guys out there. Granted, it looks like they are pretty popular so maybe they have a lot of volume, but anyways... I realized the patch was a bit smaller than the previous design, so i asked to bump it up to similar dimensions, so now i'm waiting for them to come back with the sample before pulling the trigger.

They already charged my credit card, of course ;-)

They sound exactly like the same guys I went through... The guy that I was dealing with took FOREVER! I always had to get in touch with him to find out what the status of the order was and got the design wrong several times.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
tic toc.... tic... toc.... that's the sound my trusty Citizen Skyhawk is making as I'm waiting for the package to arrive. This has been the only sound in the midst of deafening silence surrounding this little project since beginning of this month when I got a warehouse notification stating that the package will be shipped in 3-4 days.

I'll post as soon as I know something.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reactions: agf