Found a frame cap for cheap..

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, for people who need a frame cap I ordered and fitted 45mm plastic tube cap with great success, its only £1 free postage uk and they fit the right hand side hole nicely just need pushing in a bit and they stay there and I think look miles better than the hole and nut even though its plastic, on a black framed bike and engine it would look even better. Not as nice as the custom ones someone was making but better than nothing I thought.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Round-Pl...var=413099224689&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah I did the same and you can get a smaller one for the other side and modify it to fit. I used a little dab of silastic to hold them in place. I agree it just gives a nice "finished" look.

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Great minds think alike! I was thinking just that for the other side! I won't ask what size it was on the other side as you won't know anymore and I can measure tomorrow, I'm guessing measure the widest point and then get one that fits closest and then cut the sides off the circle to fit?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bigger cap is a 45 mm cover for a 40 mm hole
The smaller is a 35 mm cover bit hard to tell for sur the hole size maybe 30-32 mm, doesnt matter as you need to cit it away a bit to fit the elongated hole in the swing arm
I bought two sets in case one ever fell out but there are no stresses on them so they stay put nicely
Only funny thing from my pov, one cap is gloss the other matte

64a6019760d1d8688ed9d39bc081518f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, can you update this thread when you install it?

Big one is 45mm and could have done with being 46mm but still stays in without falling out if you cut it right down at the back and tap in with nylon hammer.

Small one is 38mm and you need to cut the sides of the circle down into an oval type shape, I. believe you only have to cut about 3mm each off the sides and I cut the back push fit ribbed plastic guides completely off and stuck it in with 2 blobs of silicone. Seems like it will stay and has improved the appearance of the bike I think.

IMG_6382.jpgIMG_6382.jpg

Last edited:

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Big one is 45mm and could have done with being 46mm but still stays in without falling out if you cut it right down at the back and tap in with nylon hammer.

Small one is 38mm and you need to cut the sides of the circle down into an oval type shape, I. believe you only have to cut about 3mm each off the sides and I cut the back push fit ribbed plastic guides completely off and stuck it in with 2 blobs of silicone. Seems like it will stay and has improved the appearance of the bike I think.

Thanks!!!!!