Found a good deal on Saddlebags

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I did have one lightly loaded saddle bag flip up and then flip over onto the seat behind me at again a very high rate of speed. It was almost empty and the other one still had stuff in it. I should of just taken them off and left them. Or at least ballanced the load. It was a mistake I wont make again.
hmmm, that could be a littl freaky if you wern't expecting it...

mistereman1

Reaction score
Visit site
I did have one lightly loaded saddle bag flip up and then flip over onto the seat behind me at again a very high rate of speed. It was almost empty and the other one still had stuff in it. I should of just taken them off and left them. Or at least ballanced the load. It was a mistake I wont make again.

I do not have a FE kit on mine even though I think it definitely cleans up the look of the bike I wanted to have options for mounting saddlebags in the future. Rode into work today with the bags loaded and had no problems at all. I am using the deluxe bags and attach the bottom corner straps to the passenger peg mount (through the little triangle) and the "beautiful";) little side reflectors on the rear fender. Did not notice any flapping or movement and really could not even tell they were there while riding.

W

wrightme43

It was very freaky. It hit me in the back, and the wind drag was very wierd.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, bringing back an old thread but i finally got around to putting the saddle bags on today. Did anyone else have one bag with the plastic insert that helps keep the bags shape and one without? My right one has it but the left one doesn't but I can see the nylon pouches where the plastic piece should be. I'm thinking I should be able to get a thin piece of sheet metal and wrap the edges and make something that will fit but it's slightly annoying none the less

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, bringing back an old thread but i finally got around to putting the saddle bags on today. Did anyone else have one bag with the plastic insert that helps keep the bags shape and one without? My right one has it but the left one doesn't but I can see the nylon pouches where the plastic piece should be. I'm thinking I should be able to get a thin piece of sheet metal and wrap the edges and make something that will fit but it's slightly annoying none the less

i thought that too, but as it turns out there are 2 in that one bag and they are stacked. you take one out and use it in the other bag. it makes the bags smaller for shipping.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
i thought that too, but as it turns out there are 2 in that one bag and they are stacked. you take one out and use it in the other bag. it makes the bags smaller for shipping.
Hmm, i just checked, I definetly only have one. Oh well, for the price of the bags, I can live with it. It'll be easy enough to make something that will do the job.

fz6jason

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, i just checked, I definetly only have one. Oh well, for the price of the bags, I can live with it. It'll be easy enough to make something that will do the job.

I thought that as well, but I pulled it out, and then finally saw the other one in the bag. It goes under some larger pieces of cloth, so it isn't very obvious.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Ummm....REIOBARD...it seems to me that the bags are expanding from the wrong side. So I came to the conclusion that you've probably put them on the wrong way. Left bag goes to the right, right bag goes to the left. That should fix it. I think???:confused:

EDIT: Found this pics in google

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
This supposedly free forum costs me a lot of money! First it put me over on the belly pan, and now I've bought saddlebags I never knew I needed! I've always thought it would be nice to load up the bike and take off for WhoKnowsWhere, but never really planned anything. But at 40 bucks, who can resist? I'll have to find somebody to do a Wild Hogs trip with.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Ummm....REIOBARD...it seems to me that the bags are expanding from the wrong side. So I came to the conclusion that you've probably put them on the wrong way. Left bag goes to the right, right bag goes to the left. That should fix it. I think???:confused:

EDIT: Found this pics in google
hmmm, i have mine on the other way as well. I don't really think it matters, put them on whatever way you think looks best on your bike.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm, i have mine on the other way as well. I don't really think it matters, put them on whatever way you think looks best on your bike.

Well, I wont be putting them on my bike :mad: I emailed 3 times, I talked to a woman over the phone....and then I emailed again. Still no shipping costs provided. I think I wouldn't buy even when they answered now....:rant:

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I wont be putting them on my bike :mad: I emailed 3 times, I talked to a woman over the phone....and then I emailed again. Still no shipping costs provided. I think I wouldn't buy even when they answered now....:rant:
That's weird, i got a shipping confirmation in a day or two when I ordered, had them within about a week.....

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I live overseas. So if I order without contacting them first, I agree to pay whatever amount they ask....it's in their terms

kansascity

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW _- Thanks for the post !! I found the seller you recommended on EBAY and ordered a set of saddle bags. Never thought to go to the sellers store and do a buy it now. I have been looking and looking for a good deal on saddle bags but they go for 75 to 100 + used on ebay and then tack on 10 or 15 for shipping/handling and those are for used saddlebags.These are brand new shipped to my door for under 50 bucks!! SWEET DEAL !! THANKS AGAIN -- sometimes if its to good to be true it can be... but only on ebay. (Bought the bags for my motorcycle ride across Kansas into Colorado to see Estes Park co and then to Co springs to garden of the gods. ( Don't worry bought a Corbin seat so my butt wont hurt be to bad. )

KC

Zebratounge

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the Deluxe set. The rain fly is sewed on with the wrong side up.
But for less than $50 delivered I can live with it...
Has anyone else noticed this? may have just been the ones I have.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the Deluxe set. The rain fly is sewed on with the wrong side up.
But for less than $50 delivered I can live with it...
Has anyone else noticed this? may have just been the ones I have.
Hmm, i didn't notice, i think mine were ok, i used the rain fly this last week...... seemed to work pretty good.

I think I will need to build some sort of support bracket for them though. The back of the bags rest on my rear side reflectors. Empty it's fine, but loaded they started bending them.