Found a good deal on Saddlebags

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
see even my cat likes them...

Cute.

One night one of our cats was trying to get in a soft overnight bag in the bedroom. It was very dark so I just "shued" it away and zipped it up. Went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning having a cup of tea and the bag started moving, of course the cat was in there. Could have been worse:eek:

xeres

Reaction score
Visit site
hey there guys.

I live in England and Infinity motorcycles are doing a luggage deal on tank bag, saddle bags and pillion bag for £65 ($130)

Biking Industry Information
Infinity Motorcycles UK's No1 for motorcycle accessories, motorcycle parts, new and used bikes

The main question i have is about the saddlebags. Im fearful of running the straps under the seat cos potentially they'll melt but this is exactly what you've done in your piccy. Also, how do bags fare with a pillion on an FZ6, is it pretty tight? Any help or recommendations regarding luggage on the FZ6 would be greatly appreciated.

X

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
hey there guys.

I live in England and Infinity motorcycles are doing a luggage deal on tank bag, saddle bags and pillion bag for £65 ($130)

Infinity Motorcycles UK's No1 for motorcycle accessories, motorcycle parts, new and used bikes

The main question i have is about the saddlebags. Im fearful of running the straps under the seat cos potentially they'll melt but this is exactly what you've done in your piccy. Also, how do bags fare with a pillion on an FZ6, is it pretty tight? Any help or recommendations regarding luggage on the FZ6 would be greatly appreciated.

X

We have no idea how the saddlebags would work with a passenger. I ride my own, so that wasn't even a thought we had. They look as thought hey would be very uncomfortable for a passenger, though.

I don't even know how the back of the FZ is, yet. I've been out riding every decent day so far this year! No time to be a pillion.

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking around and found this on Ebay for Teknic saddlebags. This guy is selling them for $39 for the speedstar or the deluxe versions. they retail for $129 ( i did some online searching and thought that some of you might like to take advantage). I ordered mine and will let you know what i think when i get them.

Speedstar (the ones i ordered):
eBay Motors: Set of TEKNICS Speedstar Sportbike Saddlebags-NEW! (item 300193233361 end time Apr-22-08 08:49:22 PDT)

Deluxe (233 available):
eBay Motors: TEKNICS Deluxe Sportbike Saddlebags-NEW! (item 280187170118 end time Apr-25-08 08:34:03 PDT)

I am in no way associated with this guy so i am not advertising, i just thought that some of you might like some affordable bags from a reputable gear manufacturer.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. Just placed an order. I figure for $51 shipped to my place they are a bargin and worth a try.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cute.

One night one of our cats was trying to get in a soft overnight bag in the bedroom. It was very dark so I just "shued" it away and zipped it up. Went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning having a cup of tea and the bag started moving, of course the cat was in there. Could have been worse:eek:
Yes mate, breakfast in Bali, Lunch in New York, Cat in Berlin. British Airways baggage handling at its best lol.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey there guys.

X
My bags are a permenant fixture on my bike. My son has no problems with them. I had to stick the middle strap under the seat to as it was a bit uncomfortable. He uses the case handles as an alternative grip position on longer rides. He also keeps his MP3 player in the bag on longer runs along with his refreshments

haasfam

Reaction score
Visit site
According to this site, it has Built in rain hood on both bags, with drawstring closure, it is large enough to fit all compartments fully packed. This is for the speedstar bags. On the same site, the deluxe bags don't mention that they have it built in. I would assume they don't, or they would probably say. However, I could be wrong. I hope this helps.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They look pretty good for the price. Do they come with any sort of rain fly?

Yup the Speedstars have s small zippered pocket on the bottom that has the rain fly in it, just unzip, pull over the bag ans pull the drawstring tight so it doesn't come off and go along your way. I don't know about the deluxe though, but the deluxe look HUGE in some pictures i found, i think the speedstars are plenty big when they are expanded.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered mine a minute ago. I've been looking for saddle bags for a long time, but found them all to be too expensive. Great Find! Thanks for posting it up:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered mine a minute ago. I've been looking for saddle bags for a long time, but found them all to be too expensive. Great Find! Thanks for posting it up:thumbup:

I am glad that others are finding this to be as good of a deal as i thought it was... I would have been sad if i ordered and then everyone came back and said they paid half as much for twice the bag or something.

mistereman1

Reaction score
Visit site
:Sport:What a bargain!! I checked them out on the web and ended up ordering both types of saddlebags and a tank bag too. I have been looking for a deal and this is it. I will use these mostly for weekend trips the wife and I take on our bikes. They should be able to handle that with ease.

Thanks for the great posting. I think there are only 13 sets of the speedster model after my purchase and there were 30 earlier today so they are going fast.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, seems like a bunch of the guys on here are ordering them, when i first saw the deal there were like 136 sets of the speedstars and 250ish of the deluxe, but that was 2 weeks or so ago.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look good! Can they be pulled up tighter to prevent the sag? Do you have any shots of the straps for the bottoms and where you've hooked them?

I have to Cortech Sport saddles and matching tail bag like your wife has. Love them!

The cat shots were great!!

haasfam

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look good! Can they be pulled up tighter to prevent the sag? Do you have any shots of the straps for the bottoms and where you've hooked them?

I received my Speedstar bags today! I think they look great on the bike. What a great find!

I would also like to see how someone hooked the straps on the bottom.