Frame and engine colors

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm looking at purchasing another FZ6 from someone. They have listed it as a 2006. The frame, and swing arm are black like the 2006's, but the engine block is the aluminum/silver color like the older models.

I'm assuming it's a replacement engine, but is there a possibility someone could be special ordered or the was a special variant with non-matching frame to engine colors? The seller is the 2nd owner, so he doesn't know.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
07 and up, the frame is black. The swing arm looks the same as the below pic, the earlier models are different.

An '06 would have a silver engine. 07 and up-Black.

Might want to look at the title, sounds like a mixed batch of parts.

An S2(07 and up) has BOLT ON rear subframe passenger pegs-The bracket is NOT WELDED TO THE FRAME(SEE BELOW- my '07) The dash is also different, second pic is an S2 dash(not with the GPS)

If you can post some pic's here, it'd be easier..

Last edited:

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Attachments

• 2019-04-20 12.46.50.jpeg
    2019-04-20 12.46.50.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll get a look at the title for sure. 2006+ had black engines/frame. I owned an 06' but I totaled it. Even if it's a replacement engine, it's most likely in better shape than the previous lol.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is an '06 S1 and it has a black engine and frame. There was a site with all the model histories but since I can't find it here's a pic of the bike & me with my mug thankfully covered by a helmet :D

EDIT;
Found the link but the page is no longer there;
https://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/58153-2004-fz6-side-cover-post636741.html

Black frame and a silver engine seems like an engine swap.

Eu had different things about them VS US only bikes...

IE: immobilizer, ABS brakes, etc. Your colors, for your year, I don't believe were not available here.

Being the Ops bike is in the US, it's most likely either the frame re-painted, or parted together.

Some pic's from the Op's bike would be telling...

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
Eu had different things about them VS US only bikes...

IE: immobilizer, ABS brakes, etc. Your colors, for your year, I don't believe were not available here.

Being the Ops bike is in the US, it's most likely either the frame re-painted, or parted together.

Some pic's from the Op's bike would be telling...

He's only got 2 pics listed, but here she is. 00c0c_lgGvwQGubtF_1200x900.jpg 00C0C_jJAggSS1y2R_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the frame and swingarm is painted, swingarm imho looks like an S1. Under the seat the seller should find the model number.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
looking at the swing arm, the passenger pegs, the front fender and the vinyl of the seat, It all points to a S1. I can't blow up the image enough to see the gauge cluster and as I ride a naked the fairing means nothing to me.

Here in Australia I have seen a big mix of FZ6's with the engine colour variation throwing absolute confusion into the mix. but usually I go by the swing arm and the pegs I couldn't really see the point in modding a S1 to look like a S2, just get a 2 and be done with it.

I hope it all works in your favour!

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The front calipers are S2, the front fork is also either painted or S2 - like Townsends said, I'm not familiar with EU/US variants but in the EU these would be the "Walk away" warning signs.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like an 06 S1 with an 04-05 engine and other mods. Probably had a wasted motor that was replaced by an older engine so you won't have an accurate idea on miles on the motor. You might try getting the serial number off the motor and run down to your DMV to see what it might have been registered as or be sure it wasn't listed as a stolen? Carefully inspect that frame for possible repaired damage. I believe there should also be a serial number tag on the frame.

So S1 will be years 04-06 and S2 will be the years 07-09. Keep in mind that some countries list the year of the bike as the year it was registered. In the US all years are listed as the manufacturer's listed year of the bike.

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
Already had a cop run the VIN for me, and it's coming back registered as an 06', not stolen, and registered to the correct person and address. Current owner is the 3rd owner, and when he purchased it, it had 7,900 miles on it. He's put on a little over 19k miles in a little over 2 years from long distance commuting. He said my guess is as good as his when it comes to why the colors don't match. I'm not super concerned about the mileage honestly, because these engines run forever if maintained properly. Plus it's pretty good deal to begin with. According to the seller he meticulously maintains his motorcycles.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Already had a cop run the VIN for me, and it's coming back registered as an 06', not stolen, and registered to the correct person and address. Current owner is the 3rd owner, and when he purchased it, it had 7,900 miles on it. He's put on a little over 19k miles in a little over 2 years from long distance commuting. He said my guess is as good as his when it comes to why the colors don't match. I'm not super concerned about the mileage honestly, because these engines run forever if maintained properly. Plus it's pretty good deal to begin with. According to the seller he meticulously maintains his motorcycles.

Although the swing arm is currently black the S2 version black and has a slightly more appealing chain adjustment system. It would help further confuse the innocent on lookers!

Heywood

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is an '06 S1 and it has a black engine and frame. There was a site with all the model histories but since I can't find it here's a pic of the bike & me with my mug thankfully covered by a helmet :D

EDIT;
Found the link but the page is no longer there;
https://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/58153-2004-fz6-side-cover-post636741.html

Black frame and a silver engine seems like an engine swap.

I also have a 2006 S1 with black frame & engine. All original to my knowledge. It has a mfgr date of 12/05 but is registered as a 2006.
trACyag.jpg