Frame cleaning time!

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
Since my bike will be sitting for 20 days or so because I'm waiting for my T-stat to arrive, I thought it would be a good time to work on some things I didn't till now.
Anyone knows a good and safe way to clean these marks on the frame without damaging the finish on it?

P.S. Here's a picture of her almost done with my mods not many left would love to hear what you guys think. (basically going full custom)

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
What liquid caused the staining? I see it on the engine cover as well.

That radiator took a good hit as well.. I think you had some over heating issues as well.
I'd replace that radiator. You don't know how much internal damage is causing a restriction...

What liquid caused the staining? I see it on the engine cover as well.

That radiator took a good hit as well.. I think you had some over heating issues as well.
I'd replace that radiator. You don't know how much internal damage is causing a restriction...

Hey @TownsendsFJR1300 , thanks for the reply! To be honest I don't know what liquid caused these stains I bought the bike just like that, and with the damaged radiator aswell, the bike was running fine after the flush I did when I just got it. Is there a chance the problem with the radiator would appear now? I'm looking to order a new one right now..

Well, it certainly isn't in the condition it was when new..

If it was mine, I'd replace it.

Will it definitly make a difference, dunno.
Certainly can't hurt.

Color-rite makes spray paint that'll match your frame if you can't get it cleaned up..

Well, it certainly isn't in the condition it was when new..

If it was mine, I'd replace it.

Will it definitly make a difference, dunno.
Certainly can't hurt.

Color-rite makes spray paint that'll match your frame if you can't get it cleaned up..

Just checked out Color-rite, good stuff, I'll try to clean it first, not sure with what though but yes.

Honestly once I got the bike the radiator was the first thing that came in mind that I needed. However it did run so I slept on it.
Now I'll be praying that the new one arrives quickly so summer doesn't go by with me waiting on parts.

Thanks again @TownsendsFJR1300

As long as you are committed to painting the frame, I have a suggestion. Wet a small section of the frame and a piece of 000 steel wool with WD-40 (which is a cleaner with an oil carrier) and lightly rub in an alternating circular motion. I think it will remove the stains…but I’m not sure if it will remove the paint on the frame. I don’t think it will…but if it does you were going to have to paint it anyway.

Keep the steel wool wet with WD-40 because if it dries out you WILL be painting.

As long as you are committed to painting the frame, I have a suggestion. Wet a small section of the frame and a piece of 000 steel wool with WD-40 (which is a cleaner with an oil carrier) and lightly rub in an alternating circular motion. I think it will remove the stains…but I’m not sure if it will remove the paint on the frame. I don’t think it will…but if it does you were going to have to paint it anyway.

Keep the steel wool wet with WD-40 because if it dries out you WILL be painting.
Sounds good will try it today! Thanks @Gary in NJ

Back