Frame Sliders / Crash Mushrooms Needed

Heather

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a brand new FZ6. The dealer said I'll need to find frame sliders on-line. Any recommendations for the best place, and the best quality ones? (The sooner I can get them on, the better.)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There must be about a dozen different threads regarding sliders. As a new member, you may not be aware of the search function. Just type in the keyword such as sliders as you should get your answer. Many of the sliders have been crash tested too by some of the members, with pics.

Heather

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info. One more question - are there any frame sliders for the FZ6 that go right through the frame (i.e. they are not separate bolts on each side)?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Heather!

Go with the Motivation and get the extended length. Stay away from the Shogun sliders unless you can get the extended length on those too.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I would not suggest any no-name brands, and especially NOT metal ones.

Go with a quality trusted, proven brand like R&G, Motovation, Puig, Uncaged, etc.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw Yamaha makes a pair of sliders for the FZ6. Anyone tried or heard anything about them? I know a lot of the other brands are good, but something made precisely for the bike looks interesting.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
if you want more protection ask your dealer about the OEM fz6 engine guard. it's about $150 CAD

Great suggestion. Unless you intend to buy the whole lower cowling, I'd definitely go with the engine guard. It will need to be removed everytime you do an oil change, but it will lower your center of mass. Great deal.

Last edited:

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
the yamaha sliders are excelent and extremely efficient. they are made spesifically with the fz6 frame in mind, they are not symetrical, they hug the frame and dont present any danger to it as they are designed to break on a pressure point. they are not cheap tho... i actually have a spare black right hand side slider for sale.