Front brake light does not work

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
Just noticed this morning that the tail light was not working, so went and got a new bulb. Tail light works fine, brake light works fine with the rear brakes. But front brake lever is not activating the brake light. When I pull the brake lever I can hear a click of the switch, but brake light does not come on. Since the light is working ok with the rear pedal, it seems that it's either the switch on the brake handle or loose connection.
1. How can I check the switch on the handle?
2. Where would I check for loose connection. W/O wiring diagram, and knowing how the wires are routed it is kind of confusing. Can someone help?
Thanks for your help.

If you have an ohmeter you can zap the switch. Stick your probes on each of the terminals and activate the switch. If you still have an open lead it's the switch. Just because you can hear it click doesn't mean the terminals are making contact. I don't have a diagram so I can't tell you how the system works downstream from that.

Thanks, I did that. When teh ignition is off the switch is closed (0 res). But when you turn the ignition on, the switch is open, pulling the lever still does not change it. So I guess I need to replace the switch.. :rolleyes:
I was hoping to find something easy.
Any ideas on where and how on the switch?

Back