Front end diving

dirtracer235

Reaction score
Visit site
I am new to the FZ6 but not to motorcycles and i was wondering if there is a cure for the front end diving when i let off the gas to shift up. when shifting in corners the front end tends to dive a lot when i go to shift. is there a cure for this or do i need to adjust my riding style

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
There are a number of way to fix the front end suspension depending on your weight (increase fork oil weight, replace stock springs w/ stiffer springs, ...).
Also, trying to get your shifting done before corners so you can get a smooth throttle roll on throughout the turn without shifting is a good thing to practice and helps keep the suspension settled.

:welcome:

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
How old is the bike?
I've got an '04 Fz6N and replaced the fork oil last year, it made a lot of difference.
The stuff I took out was gray & gungy, the new stuff was clear & runny. Quite an eye opener! :eek:

dirtracer235

Reaction score
Visit site
the bike is a 2007 with 9000 miles. I just bought it.

I think I will be able to smooth it out by adjusting my riding style aka not revving to redline and then shifting while in a corner. i guess it probably comes from all the two stroke motocross riding.

but yeah checking the fork oil is a good idea