Future of motorcycles: wanting to add a little more danger

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
saw this on another forum and thought some of you might like it.

Hoverbike

hoverbike_imgp2614_small.jpg

it's pretty cool but it's possible altitude is a little much for me.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
From a standpoint of physics....I wonder how it adjusts roll and pitch (or even stays upright for that matter). It would seem that if it's simply rotor lift you would need a vertical rotor to stabilize the thing.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gawd I bet its noisy and produced a lot of dust on start up. Kewl, but I like my wheels for now, but I would like to see the video in action when its up.

Last edited:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From a standpoint of physics....I wonder how it adjusts roll and pitch (or even stays upright for that matter). It would seem that if it's simply rotor lift you would need a vertical rotor to stabilize the thing.

Speaking of physics, if a gust of wind were to flip you on that thing, which I don't think would take much since its not grounded, you would be screwed.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure the rotors rotate counter each other and that would counter each other out. As far as left/right balance I would imagine the vanes are computer controlled and the computer attempts to keep the thing balanced unless you move the bars to turn. Same as a Harrier or any other hovering type vehicle that makes forward motion and lift with the same rotor/jet.

Which is what this is, by the way. A two rotor helocopter. And the 10,000+ is because the ceiling is still theroetical as it hasn't been tested, but if you know the lift generated at max rotor speed, finding the mathmatical ceiling at a given temperature and barometeric pressure is trivial. Of course, over 10k feet you need oxygen to breathe. And you also need a IFR license, and all the IFR gear as you'll be under the control of a regional air controller, seeing as how you're flying in jet aircraft altitudes. Most ultralites list their ceiling this way for this reason.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
If it had a bigger tank and was actually in production I'd buy one. At an estimated $45,000AUD it's cheaper than most ultralites even. The cheapest I've found for one I'd actually go airborne in, is $68,000USD.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you imagine the mod nuts? PCVI & TB install 15,000 feet, "To infinity & beyond" Lol.

Neil:thumbup: