FZ1 bar install with pics

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
to add a question to this thread do the FZ1 bars have more room than the fz6 bars? I ask in case I want to switch out my stock fz6 bars and want to go back to regular mirrors with mounts on the bars. the stock fz6 bars offer hardly any room to install mirror mounts. thanks.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

pulverizer

Reaction score
Visit site
I just did this mod today, everything worked out fine. I drilled a hole so that I could keep the nub on the throttle control.

I just have one question for others who have done this mod. Has anyone had any issue with the brake fluid reservoir being so crooked with the FZ1 bar? It is especially crooked when the bars are turned and locked. It does not seem like it would be an issue, since the fluid when it levels out should still be above the low mark at its lowest point.

Thanks

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did this mod today, everything worked out fine. I drilled a hole so that I could keep the nub on the throttle control.

I just have one question for others who have done this mod. Has anyone had any issue with the brake fluid reservoir being so crooked with the FZ1 bar? It is especially crooked when the bars are turned and locked. It does not seem like it would be an issue, since the fluid when it levels out should still be above the low mark at its lowest point.

Thanks

Have not had any issues with front brake since the swap.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
I've definitely seen FZ1 + riser combo on this board. The idea behind that would be to maintain same height as stock, if not higher while at the same time getting less of back sweep.
As it stands, the easier way to accomplish this would be to just get a FZ6R bar.

FZ6 Bar? will everything fit, bar ends and all, no replacement of cables?

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
How does FZ1 bar work withouth risers?

Can the steering be locked normally,when fully turned to left?

Do I have to shorten the bar,or leave it just as is ? :)

socker77

Reaction score
Visit site
Does the handle bar have a wider grip to it as well I'm pretty wide so the handle bars on the fz6 can sometimes strain my hands at the angle they are at? Does the fz1 handle bar help with that?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
How does FZ1 bar work withouth risers?

Can the steering be locked normally,when fully turned to left?

Do I have to shorten the bar,or leave it just as is ? :)

It works just fine without risers. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever heard of someone using it WITH risers.

The steering lock works just like normal and there's no need to shorten anything. That's one of the nice thing about the FZ1 bars...that they have the same threaded ends so you can use the stock FZ6 bar ends if you want. They just screw right in.

Does the handle bar have a wider grip to it as well I'm pretty wide so the handle bars on the fz6 can sometimes strain my hands at the angle they are at? Does the fz1 handle bar help with that?

The FZ1 bar isn't any wider than the FZ6 bar, but it puts the grips at a different, less straining angle. It definitely helps with the hand/wrist strain problem. One thing you have to realize, though...it does sit SLIGHTLY lower than the FZ6 bar (very slight), so this will put you at a SLIGHTLY more aggressive position. I know I'm over-stressing the slightly idea...but I don't want to turn you off to trying it. It's that slight...lol. My point is, will have to adjust how you ride just a bit...hold yourself up with your knees on the tank more so you aren't putting more pressure on your wrists and hands, thus defeating the better angle of the FZ1 bar. :thumbup:

bigboar

Reaction score
Visit site
This is Chad at Metricpartsoutlet, Just wanted to say I appreciate your business!

This is where I got my bar from.

Metric Parts Outlet USA, AA (866) 237-2561 It took about 2 weeks to get it, they had to order it from yamaha, and then they shipped it to me, witch took 3 days for me to get it from them after they received it.

Order Number:
Order Status: Processing

Shipping Agency: USPS
Shipping Method: Priority Mail

Items:
Qty. Part Item Special Product
Ord. Num. Price Order Name
---- ----- ----- ------ --------------
1 2D1-26111-01-00 $26.87 Yamaha - HANDLEBAR

Order Subtotal: $26.87
Order Tax: $0.00
Order Shipping Charges: $10.83
Order Total: $37.70
Payment Method: Credit Card

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
See two posts above [emoji106]

"The FZ1 bar isn't any wider than the FZ6 bar, but it puts the grips at a different, less straining angle. It definitely helps with the hand/wrist strain problem. One thing you have to realize, though...it does sit SLIGHTLY lower than the FZ6 bar (very slight), so this will put you at a SLIGHTLY more aggressive position. I know I'm over-stressing the slightly idea...but I don't want to turn you off to trying it. It's that slight...lol. My point is, will have to adjust how you ride just a bit...hold yourself up with your knees on the tank more so you aren't putting more pressure on your wrists and hands, thus defeating the better angle of the FZ1 bar."

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
See two posts above [emoji106]

"The FZ1 bar isn't any wider than the FZ6 bar, but it puts the grips at a different, less straining angle. It definitely helps with the hand/wrist strain problem. One thing you have to realize, though...it does sit SLIGHTLY lower than the FZ6 bar (very slight), so this will put you at a SLIGHTLY more aggressive position. I know I'm over-stressing the slightly idea...but I don't want to turn you off to trying it. It's that slight...lol. My point is, will have to adjust how you ride just a bit...hold yourself up with your knees on the tank more so you aren't putting more pressure on your wrists and hands, thus defeating the better angle of the FZ1 bar."

Or just go faster and air pressure stands you upright!!! Blah

Doctor T

Reaction score
Visit site
who recently replaced his handlebar with FZ1 can you give a bit more precise information rather than "slightly lower than original"
just added 1" bar risers on stock handlebar and don't want to go any lower than that.

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did the conversion with risers, but now my throttle is kind of sticky. I tried adjusting the throttle cable on the bars, but that doesn't seem to be enough. how difficult is it to adjust the throttle from the side of the bike?