FZ1 Handle bar install

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Only if you order the right ones:confused:. My first order did not have the inserts, so had to return them and order the correct bars.

Can't remember, but I think I quoted the part numbers in my 'FZ1 Bars Install' thread if you want to search for it.

let me write again:

2D1-26111-01

It fits perfectly.:thumbup:

Thanks guys :thumbup:

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for sounding like such a noob when it comes to all this but i just purchased a VS02 headlight kit and i think id really like to do the FZ1 bar swap since its such a cheap/easy mod to accomplish. I found my local store selling the factory bar for $41 bucks my question is as far as grips go would the stock fz1 grips work ok with my factory switches, or should i just swap over my factory fz6 grips. Also as far as the drilling that i have to do is that explained in detail somewhere. Id like to only have to drill once and not mess anything up. You guys have been a big help so far :thumbup: Thanks

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Any grips for 7/8" bars will work its easier to buy new grips also I didnt have to drill anything I just bolted them in place and good to go

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished installing the FZ1 bars on my bike...like someone else said at full lock to the right the start switch just taps the tank i messed around for a while trying to get it without having the bars pointed up too high. Overall the install took me about an hour and i had to drill a hole on the right side for the start/kill switch mount. Heres a few pics of it installed

2011-11-29203019.jpg

2011-11-29203004.jpg

2011-11-29203046.jpg

2011-11-29202948.jpg

Im pretty sure i got them installed correctly but i guess time will tell, everything is tight and doesnt move. Although it seems as if there isnt as much room for the brake resivoir as on the factory bar overall i like the feel of them though. Also this piece was on the factory bar but i couldnt quite figure out what it did/was for so i didnt put it back on yet.

2011-11-29203156.jpg

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
It wouldn't be a strip down and re-build if you didn't have bits left over....

Seriously though, I don't have that bit anywhere near my bars, so not sure what it's for. Do you realise you're missing a headlight? It didn't come from around there somewhere??

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Was it a new or used handle bar?
If used, it could've been some kind of mount? (e.g. GPS?)
If you bought the bars new; go ask the seller ;):D

Grtz,

Degake

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
The mount came off my factory FZ6 bar not the new FZ1 bar...i figured it wasnt a factory piece guess ill just leave it off :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The mount came off my factory FZ6 bar not the new FZ1 bar...i figured it wasnt a factory piece guess ill just leave it off :thumbup:

Definitely not factory. Also, if you went with the tab grinding approach instead of drilling the bar, you would have been able to rotate the right switch just slightly to create the tank clearance without having to rotate the bar too high.

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely not factory. Also, if you went with the tab grinding approach instead of drilling the bar, you would have been able to rotate the right switch just slightly to create the tank clearance without having to rotate the bar too high.

I might just do that route...once i get the new headlight installed and can actually ride again ill see how everything feels and then make adjustments from there :thumbup:

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
quick question - my local dealer (europe) says he can get the bars for me BUT he says that the fz1N and fz1S have different bars? Is this a european phenomenon or what and which one should I go for? (amazingly the dealer price is around 50 $US)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
quick question - my local dealer (europe) says he can get the bars for me BUT he says that the fz1N and fz1S have different bars? Is this a european phenomenon or what and which one should I go for? (amazingly the dealer price is around 50 $US)

Hard for US folks to answer since FZ1N was never available in the states, but as far as I know, it's the same bar. FZ1S will most definitely work.. that's what all of us in US get.

riderlak1

Reaction score
Visit site
Just completed this installation this past week. Pretty simple, hardest part was removing the grip from the stock bars! I ordered the bars from a 2008 FZ1 online at Ronayers.com. I think they were around $28 for them. Only have ridden about 2 miles on them since its not riding season right now, and they felt great so far!

Ill attach some pics of mine after completed....

p-dawger

Reaction score
Visit site
So for the folks with the 05 bikes it is possible to get the FZ1 bars to work - once again which year to order?

Also - does the long top clamp for the bars work from the new bikes with the yamaha logo vs the smaller c clamp on the older bikes?

I am going naked and doing all these mods at once.

Thanks -

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
So for the folks with the 05 bikes it is possible to get the FZ1 bars to work - once again which year to order?

Also - does the long top clamp for the bars work from the new bikes with the yamaha logo vs the smaller c clamp on the older bikes?

I am going naked and doing all these mods at once.

Thanks -
Just buy what ever year is cheapest. I have an 05 and bought the one that was 35 bucks i think. Works great. And yes the long clamp should work fine with it, the older style is sought after though for people who use gps etc to clamp onto the middle bar. I bet someone would just trade with you.

Anyone done this mod with the sw motech 1 inch up and back risers with no clearance issues??