FZ6 Correct Bike For Me?

When I'm just commuting I usually shift gears on mine at 6K. Only if I need to merge do I need to rev it higher. It helps if you are a small rider. :thumbup:

. I actually have more trouble with some of the vibrations the bike produces which I plan on tracking down and fixing. To me this is a big consideration for which bike to buy...ride-ability.

Do some searching on throttle syncing. My 07 had a VERY annoying vib about 4k. I eventually did a sync at both idle and at 4K, adjusting for a happy medium. Yamaha allows 10mm difference between them. I got mine adjusted within 2-3mm at 4k, different bike, got rid of 90% of the vibs.. Much more comfy..

Also search spark plug caps. They tend to loosen up from the wire, cause some arcing and roughness as well.

Back to the thread!!:thumbup:

Just to clarify, the wheelie I referred to earlier is a power wheelie, with NO pulling up on the bars. Strictly getting into the upper end of the rev range, in first gear. And no, not a 2' high, 100' long wheelie, maybe 6".

I'm too old for the straight up, HS stuff the "stunters" do..

Although the slow speed, show "stunters" maybe 40 MPH, in a closed area, major geared down, dual caliper rear disc brakes (one hand operated), etc, is a blast to watch..

I have never gotten a power wheelie and I have pretty much all the Bolt-on HP available. M4 C/F, PCIII, K&N filters, Rotella T6. 520 conversion kit. I was surprised about that 520 kit. I have an aluminum sprocket with steel teeth and the lower weight is very noticable. Total weight reduction was about 2 pounds. She would clutch wheelie 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. On a colder morning when the air was right. I don't anymore since I expect it and push the forks down while shifting.
If somebody wanted a wheelie bike, the Fazer would not be a good choice. IMHO Blah

Time to add my $.02.

I rode my FZ6 normally as a "I don't know or care where I'm going bike, I'm just having fun". I would keep the revs around 5-6K while riding and it was sooooo smooth.

On the other hand, when I rode with buddies who had Harley's, I could keep the revs up around 8k and stay right in line with them out of the hole and then after 3rd gear, they were toast (obviously).

I got a Vmax now because the wife wanted to be closer to the ground (she's 5ft nothing) and am only selling my FZ6 because there's not enough room in the garage for the cars until I get rid of a bike. If it was my choice alone, the cages would sit outside 24/7 and I would keep both:rockon:..............However that is NOT the case :(

Back