FZ6 delivered today

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blue absorbs more short wavelength (high energy) light, and because of this experiences more thermal expansion and therefore more drag, making the blue ones slower. But I'm sure you'll be perfectly happy with your choice. :BLAA:

:welcome: to the forum, nice bike!

funny thing about this is, the last two years of production the 2008 & 2009 red wasn't available so....hmmmmm.....:)

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Dave -
I am in Nassau county, Long Island

emsee - I can give you some pointers if you want to try for an ebay bike.

First off you need to get yourself reaaaalllyyy comfortable with the idea you cannot be there to inspect it. You can ask for video clips and that will help some, but beware there are still some small scratches and defects you won't see unless the seller wants to really show them. Be aware if you are buying a 3 or 4 year old bike, wear and tear will be there even if low miles. You are better off going for a low mileage bike becuase there are less things that may be wrong with it/worn out and need replacing.

Have a list of many many questions you want answered. Never go through personal email.. let the seller communicate with you over Ebay messaging so you have an audit trail and his responses to your questions are in message form so you can go back and revisit if you need to. Ask the seller to scan a copy of the title..just to make sure it is free and clear. Have your shipping options lined up before you even talk about price for the bike since you must bake in the cost of shipping as part of buying the bike. I can help you out with a refererence for the transport company I used.. I was happy with them.

Try and go for auctions where there is little or no activity. For mine it was about a 4K bike and the highest bid was $610. I contacted the seller before the auction ended and told him I was ready to buy and could make a deal if he only lowered his reserve by $200, and he did.

Lastly, insist you want to pay for the whole thing via paypal so you are covered. If the seller balks at the 3.9% fee to receive money, offer to pay half the fee.

If you have any other questions I haven't covered shoot me a PM.

emsee

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, awesome info, thank you! :bow:

I have to sell my current bike before I can buy another, but I'll keep this info in mind. Thank you again! :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new steed.....we can only dream of FZ6's at that price in Australia!

:thumbup:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
You guys can take the ferry over to Bridgeport or New London and by pass all that mess, and really get some nice riding in up in New England.

Taking the ferry defeats the purpose of riding. ha. Plus its way too expensive. Whenever I go to Connecticut I take the long way. Cheaper and a better ride. A fellow board member here who lives right near new london helped me check the throttle bodies since he had the carbtune.

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to admit guys the idea of bypassing the insanity of the NY boros is very apealling to me.

ehhh just zip up the grand central youre over the Tboro in no time... Im in queens... bought my FiZZ in oyster bay... paid a little less but with MANY MANY more miles... Have FUN!:thumbup::thumbup:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, where in NY are you?
I live in Brooklyn since last December, are you an experienced rider?
Can you recomend any cool routes around the state?
Enjoy your bike

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to admit guys the idea of bypassing the insanity of the NY boros is very apealling to me.

Well if you're an inexperienced rider, that's the way I would go. And if it was me out on long island, I would do the same. It's tough enough to deal with all the traffic and trucks, especially on the NE Expressway, but the roads are pretty rough around the borros too. Some of the pot holes are big enough to swallow up the FZ. I guess the parkways aren't too bad. But let the madness begin when those 18 wheelers come into the picture.

I tip my helmet off to you fellow riders who ride out in that area. It's no cup of tea.