FZ6 forks + CBR F4i

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
A buddy of mine if forwarding a pair of CBR f4i forks to me. He was going to use them on a cafe project, but that hit the wayside and finally got sold off. The tubes have a slight bend in them and one had a crack or something like that. so they're not really repairable. However, i believe they are the same diameter (43mm) as my fz6 tubes.

I dont know alot about forks.. but are there any parts I can use out of them to give my FZ forks a bit of an upgrade? like springs, caps? etc?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not much value in damaged forks. You look to see if they can be repaired at a reasonable cost?

I have no idea if springs or caps interchange. The caps look a lot like the ones on the early R6 later R6S. But I don't know that they fit OEM forks???

Get them and see!

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
From what i can tell is that they're basically the same as the early R6 forks that people like to swap on the fz6. makes me wonder if i can fit some of the guts to the stock fz6 forks
Maybe even affix my un-bent tubes into the cbr lowers? I figured that someone on here may have tried something like this already.

Thanks for the input FinalImpact!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From what i can tell is that they're basically the same as the early R6 forks that people like to swap on the fz6. makes me wonder if i can fit some of the guts to the stock fz6 forks
Maybe even affix my un-bent tubes into the cbr lowers? I figured that someone on here may have tried something like this already.

Thanks for the input FinalImpact!

CBR is a cartridge fork. Can't imagine it interchanges with the FZ OEM parts.

So, do you have them? Is the body and the stanchion tube damaged? Look about on fleebay and you might be able to find some parts???

Do a little research as the spring rates are published and the caps may interchange as many parts are the same....

Post # 2 has forks R6 forks and spring data -- http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/51736-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.html

Post # 1 more fork info from original install. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/42817-best-investment-ever-r6-forks-rides-so-nice.html

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Sell them on eBay, and put that money towards springs/emulators, or r6s forks if you want to upgrade your suspension.