FZ6 popularity

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
I ravel in Europe and I don't see many cruisers or GW's at all. They don't buy them for many reasons, like, too big to filtering between cars; narrow and hilly streets with sharp turns; not fast and agile as the Europeans like it, etc. etc.

Generally we don't have the big wide open spaces like the US.....plus fuel prices have always been a lot higher here than over there.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Generally we don't have the big wide open spaces like the US.....plus fuel prices have always been a lot higher here than over there.

A LOT higher! Even our neighbors in Canada are paying almost 2 times as much for fuel as we are! If we were paying Euro-like prices of around $5-6/US gal people here would start to change their riding/driving habits and vehicle choices!

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
European gas prices are 8 to 10$ for a gallon. However... Unlike in the States, they have superb public transportation. For most, one car is good enough for them, and public transportation runs every few minutes to any place you need.
In the States, with exception of big cities, public transport is none-existent. We have to own a car per each person in the household! For instance, a family of 4 in NJ will need 4 cars to get around to work or college. It's a need, not a luxury. Our distances are longer as well. So do the math, at the end of a day we pay more to gas up all the cars, than our friends in Europe to gas one small diesel car even at about 9$/gallon...
Let alone the insurances premium, maintenance and whatnot. Having paying that much for gas here would be a total disaster.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
But the roads... Oh, the roads... South Spain, Pyrenees, Alps... these are the best in the World!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
European gas prices are 8 to 10$ for a gallon. However... Unlike in the States, they have superb public transportation. For most, one car is good enough for them, and public transportation runs every few minutes to any place you need.
In the States, with exception of big cities, public transport is none-existent. We have to own a car per each person in the household! For instance, a family of 4 in NJ will need 4 cars to get around to work or college. It's a need, not a luxury. Our distances are longer as well. So do the math, at the end of a day we pay more to gas up all the cars, than our friends in Europe to gas one small diesel car even at about 9$/gallon...
Let alone the insurances premium, maintenance and whatnot. Having to pay that much for gas here would be a total disaster.

^^ Don't worry the politicians/government folk are still employed - it will happen soon enough...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Let alone the insurances premium, maintenance and whatnot. Having paying that much for gas here would be a total disaster.

Very true. If gas was $9/gal in the US the middle class would cease to exist (It would cost $150 to fill up the average car, $230 to fill a truck or SUV). Everyone would be driven into poverty overnight! Your truck or SUV could not be given away and a Toyota Prius would suddenly be worth 2X what it cost new!

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
How the heck do you pay $90 per year? I'm 32, married, no wrecks, no tickets in the last decade (and never on a bike), zero claims EVER.... and I still pay $28 per month, per vehicle.

Who insures you?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably liability only, and perhaps a multi bike discount.

One of my bikes is $28 a year, another is $32. Those are liability only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Uninsured motorist coverage is a big one. Not all states require it. It makes up $180 of my $300 annual bill.

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
How the heck do you pay $90 per year? I'm 32, married, no wrecks, no tickets in the last decade (and never on a bike), zero claims EVER.... and I still pay $28 per month, per vehicle.

Who insures you?

Progressive (USAA doesn't do bikes directly, that's who my cars are with) - liability only, I have accident and other insurance through my company, so I don't have to carry a ton on the bike ins. It's such a low-cost bike; if anything ever happens, insurance would consider it 'totaled' anyhow so I'd just go shopping again.. :) Chances of being stolen are nearly 0 as it's garaged - and sits in front of my office window if (when) I take it to work this season.

Last edited:

JMalmsteen

Reaction score
Visit site
In response to Hobbesca:

I just bought at FZ-09. I love it so much that I literally have dreams about riding it. Every time I ride it, I like it more. You can get one for $7200 before tax and tags. I can't think of any bike I would want more. Go get one!!