*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

• Total voters

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Im 5'9, with a 29" inseam, ya my legs are short. With running/ tennis shoes on, I can put the full 'front half' of my shoes on the ground. Any shorter of an inseam, I probably wouldnt feel very comfortable for city commuting.

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I've posted in this thread before, but I recently was photographed on the bike and I don't look nearly as awkward as I thought I would!

I'm 6'4", 35" inseam. FZ6 is pretty comfortable - I don't have a lot to compare it to... but it's definitely more comfortable than my old SV650S.

Only complaint is that I have to lift up my leg to downshift, as my legs are at such an angle that I can't bend my foot up over the shifter. Sucks. I have lowered footpegs, but I feel like the extra comfort there is worth the downshift issue.

215251_10151641767063103_2033346094_n.jpg

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: *****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

I think I've posted in this thread before, but I recently was photographed on the bike and I don't look nearly as awkward as I thought I would!

I'm 6'4", 35" inseam. FZ6 is pretty comfortable - I don't have a lot to compare it to... but it's definitely more comfortable than my old SV650S.

Only complaint is that I have to lift up my leg to downshift, as my legs are at such an angle that I can't bend my foot up over the shifter. Sucks. I have lowered footpegs, but I feel like the extra comfort there is worth the downshift issue.

215251_10151641767063103_2033346094_n.jpg

Isn't there adjustments you can make to the height of the shifter?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Helvete

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone think it's funny how there is an unusual dip of people who are 5'11"? I think people are rounding up!

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to post about that exactly! The thing would look almost exactly like a normal distribution (which human height tends to look like) except that 5'10" people and 6' people are unusually peaky and 5'11" people are definitely under represented.

I think some 5'11"ers might be mis-representing themselves!

Coincidentally, human height tends to be roughly normally distributed as a result of something in math called the central limit theorem. Biologically, this is because height is the product of lots of independently mixed genes, so it can be viewed as a result of lots of independent measurements.

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
bitchin setup, murdered out for sure.

i'm 6'4 and fit perfectly on my dads STen, but I could use an extra 2 inches in seat height or an inch lowerpegs and 1 inch on the seat, I have bad knees as it is so doing the type of touring i do gets grueling sometimes. But for the most part i'm comfortable on my bike.

DBL

Reaction score
Visit site
My true height is 5'11" with a 32" inseam @ 165lbs. but I appear to be over 6 feet tall with shoes on and my hair sticks up. Add my riding boots and a helmet and I look even taller. My FZ6 fits me just fine and I like the low seat height compared to the numerous dual-sports I have had in the past.

- David

2007 Yamaha FZ6 - Red
2007 EVTAMERICA Z20B - Maroon

PAST BIKES

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't there adjustments you can make to the height of the shifter?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I lowered it down quite a bit, but eventually it hits the kickstand mount. I've started tracking the bike more now, so I've gone back to stock pegs and put the shifter back up, and just dealing with the crunch on my knees.

May even have to switch to an R6 at some point and really torture myself. :D

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
5'6" here, no problem flat footing the FZ6, the bike could probably even be a bit higher. Then again I only stop with one foot down, no real need for two feet. I'v never really understood why short people complain about a bike being "too high", unless of course it's so high you can't throw your leg over it. Even on a R6 or Daytona I feel very comfortable stopping with my foot flat to the ground.

Last edited:

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
6'5", and I've managed to find comfortable nooks in the bike even on longer rides up and back from the GA/TN mtns.

Kinda funny being at a light with bent knees while at rest, like a cruiser rider.. :D

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
6'1" with a 31/32 inch inseam. I can sit with two feet on the ground at lights (even though I don't usually). It's nice to be able to maneuver the bike in the garage and on driveways though.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
5' 11" 175# 32" inseam. I have not found any sport(ish) bike uncomfortable. Cruiser bikes? Bleh!

This space intentionally left blank.

lark

Trained Professional
Reaction score
Visit site
6'1" with a 31/32 inch inseam. I can sit with two feet on the ground at lights (even though I don't usually). It's nice to be able to maneuver the bike in the garage and on driveways though.

Now there you go rubbing it in on all of us short people out there. 5'7 and had an almost tip over in the driveway thanks to some fall leaves getting a little slickery.