FZ6 Running Lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

customeyesfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
May be an obvious question but here goes
I bought bike used and it had no rear turn signals, just an integrated tail lamp and a " home-made" fender elim kit. Did the bike's original turn signals also double as running lights .....IE... on all time like headlight and tail lamp?
Just makes me wonder what else may have been half cobbled together by this numb nut!?! :spank:

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
May be an obvious question but here goes
I bought bike used and it had no rear turn signals, just an integrated tail lamp and a " home-made" fender elim kit. Did the bike's original turn signals also double as running lights .....IE... on all time like headlight and tail lamp?
Just makes me wonder what else may have been half cobbled together by this numb nut!?! :spank:

It is actually a DOT (?) law I think. Running lights in the front have to be either white or amber. Running lights in the rear have to be red. Flashers on the rear can be red or amber.

As for the headlight, again required by law for motorcycles, the headlight or one of the bulbs has to be on by default when the motorcycle is in operation.

So to specifically answer your question, the front turning lights double up as running lights. The rear do not. Also, integrated tail lights are cool (?) for some people, but for me, they do not attract attention towards them and are hard to find. It might be hard for people to tell whether you are turning or not.

Disclaimer: Some of this information I have read, some of it is word of mouth.

-Manas.

Status
Not open for further replies.