FZ6 to FJR1300

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 died, but my son will resurrect it with another motor. I found a low mileage FJR1300 for a great price and had to have it. here are some pics.
P.S.
if you live in the LA/OC So Cal area and have a good motor for sale email me at [email protected].

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice 05 Feejeer. I put 90k on my 04 before Bambi killed it. Great bike, the more you ride it the more you'll like it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, a Gen I 2005 with Yamaha top case. Nice bike, just a bit warm..

Miss your helmet locks yet with the new bike?

My old 04 loaded like yours with the top box...

Helmet locks, left side with a Powerlet electrical outlet..

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, a Gen I 2005 with Yamaha top case. Nice bike, just a bit warm..

Miss your helmet locks yet with the new bike?

My old 04 loaded like yours with the top box...

Helmet locks, left side with a Powerlet electrical outlet..

I dont even remember what it's like to have a windshield. I hear it's nice lol.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There was a silver one at Gresham Yamaha outside today when I was there. :thumbup: I have always wanted one. But I would have to just ride mellow. It would be a great second bike for long cruises cross state and. I love my FZ6 though.:thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There was a silver one at Gresham Yamaha outside today when I was there. :thumbup: I have always wanted one. But I would have to just ride mellow. It would be a great second bike for long cruises cross state and. I love my FZ6 though.:thumbup:

That's a newer gen FJR (a little cooler HEAT WISE) than my old one.

I haven't been able to find a 2015 (dark gray) FJR in person to see the color. I've found a '13, red, with standard suspension for $12,500, (not the electronic suspension).

For my need's, the FZ suits my needs better. I've put 3x the mileage on the FZ, than my 04 FJR (just way too hot, especially for Florida).

If I lived anywhere north of Florida, I don't think the heat would be an issue. When in the Smokie Mountains, Tenn, the dragon, etc, we'd put 200 miles a day riding the twisties. The heat wasn't an issue. Down here, same time of year, no way. And I did ALL the heat fixes to mine.

The FJR 1st gen, I could power wheelie (just 6") at 4k RPM's (under half throttle). Rode to 4k, chop the throttle, hit it(no clutching), pick it right up.
With a passenger, I could do that in SECOND GEAR TOO.. :)

The 14 and '15 (not sure about the '13) have a dual mode, "sport" and "touring". In sport mode, the bike acts like Gen one, geared lower, and will wheelie. In touring, lower RPM's, won't wheelie better mileage.. The gen IIs, were geared slightly higher (Better mileage, lower RPM's, less heat) but WOULD NOT power wheelie accelerate as hard as a Gen I.

The Gen III has the best of both the Gen I and Gen II.

Last edited:

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the FZ new and put 64k miles on it before the chain took out the motor. I have no complaints. I did a road trip from OC to Mesa in March, I avg’d 100.mph there and 90 mph(slower traffic) back, no trouble. My wife likes to ride now. So we rode the lakes and mountains of So Cal for our anniversary weekend on the FZ and it was just fine. I was wanting a touring bike, or least something better for 2-up. I looked nationwide & was even looking far away so I had an excuse for a road trip back to So Cal, but then I found this bike for a great deal with low mileage within 20 miles of my house. I commute rain or shine all year and now road tripping with my wife. Next road trip should be Grand Canyon in October. Just put on some bar risers and my V-stream wind shield comes in this week. I’m looking forward to putting a lot of miles on this bike.

Last edited:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
My FZ6 died, but my son will resurrect it with another motor. I found a low mileage FJR1300 for a great price and had to have it. here are some pics.
P.S.
if you live in the LA/OC So Cal area and have a good motor for sale email me at [email protected].

I see no pics but it might be my pc. Congrats on the transition. I traded my FZ6 in for my2013 FJR. Shes quite heavy in comparison but what a difference.