FZ6 too expensive!!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don`t make me laugh.

My 2006 FZ6 with 6000km on the clock cost me 91000 Danish Kroner last year.

That is about 18,370 Canadian dollars.

So what was you complaining about????

Steve

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
One time, the IridiumTerrorist interrogated a car salesman when he bought his brand new sportscar. Why are the prices more expensive in Canada?

The exchange rate? NOPE.
Shipping? NOPE.
Supply and Demand? WARMER.
Just....Because? YES.

chart_guy2.jpg

Just because. After statistical analysis of Canada's purchasing of automobiles and vehicles, it appears with the correct calculation...Canadians are simply willing to "pay more." That's why.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6's are $11000 - $12000 new in Australia, and about $8000 for a low mileage second hand one!

Still worth every penny!

:cheer:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last Autumn I paid 91000 Danish Kroner for my FZ6 and do not consider it too expensive.

Rule number 1. A bike is almost always a luxury not a necessity. So stop moaning or don`t get one.

By the way...91000 Danish Kroner comes to 18,976.5183 US dollars.

Steve

Holy Moly Batman! I guess the Danes get paid alot better than us Yanks!

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
In Colombia, where I am originally from, the brand new FZ6 (2008) runs at about 13,500 US Dollars. And just to make a good comparison, the minimum wage there is about 300 US Dollars a month.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Ummm, ok thanks.... but to clarify...was that for killing terrorists or for cheaper oil? Are these terrorists you're talking about hiding with those weapons of mass destruction by any chance? Just curious.... All the while I though those terrorists were in Afghanistan, Canada, England, France, Spain, China, USA....etc.

The best way to keep your self esteem high is to NEVER assume that somebody is better than you.

hijack.gif

Last edited:

fazerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike cost me 124000,- NOK, which translates to 21565,22 USD at the moment. The exchange rate is 1 USD = 5,75 NOK.

Edit: Messed up the rates.. :p
:rockon: soz just jumping in on ur thread not directed at u m8
here england GB fz6 £5300 new
r1 about £ 9,000 or even less.
any ways whether it is for the oil or not the ****s hit the fan and as per norm the fight carries on not to lose face whilst people die far worse atrosotices africa etc. and ur right no body goes there because there is nothing any ways lets talk bikes :Flip:
lol

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in South Africa the Fazer600 is kind of "entry level" as 600s go.
Nowhere near as expensive as an R6 or CBR600 and the parallel would be the Honda Hornet (599) or Suzuki GSR600 (the Fazer is still cheaper) or the Triumph 675 Daytona/Street Triple (rand/pound exchange not too favourable at the moment).

Cheaper = Checkout the Chaiwanese bikes... :(

kananaskis

Reaction score
Visit site
Realizing the premium riding season is over and the inventory has to be cleared for the 09 rides most dealerships have to drop the bikes they still have crated to bargain prices (or make a killer deal at the motorcycle shows) across Canada. If they dont move the inventory they lose prime real estate in their showrooms/warehouses on rigs that are already costing them storage. I would not pay over $7300 OTD (CAD) for a 2008 FZ6 considering a 09 is on the way in... Blackfoot Motors in Calgary has several brand new, still-in-the-crate 2008 FZ6's listed on their website for $5999 (CAD) which is about $6980 after tax, freight, crating and all the bs charges a dealership throws on... Alberta does not have any provincial tax so I would imagine that helps keep the price reasonable. Considering the economic collapse here in Canada and the ensuing recession I would imagine they wouldnt get a better offer than 8 grand no matter what province....

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't feel so bad now. In july '08 I got the msrp of 6999 to 6 even. After that little reduction I still ended up with over 8 and change out the door... Why does $hit gotta hit the fan when all the little charges are added in? Still doesn't hold a friggin' candle to some of you guys. I almost seized up when I saw 18,000!!!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How much would a Harley cost?

It is expensive enough without having to pay for a breakdown truck and mechanic to follow us around everywhere.

The reason it is so expensive is that we pay 180% import tax on all vehicles. I think it is the second highest in the world, next to India. Which is why you do not see so many nice bikes in India.

It is not all bad. We are paid well, we have no national debt and only 3% unemployment. So it shows someone in power is making the right decisions.

Steve

PatrickS

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that in Montreal, the fee for your registration on all sport bikes are up skyhigh so all sport/touring are getting more and more expensive.

Let me show you:

GSXR 600 2008 brand new 6995$
Moto Folie Laval ( can't link for some reason)

FZ6 2009 Brand new 9300$
Yamaha FZ6 - Yamaha FZ6 - Alex Berthiaume et Fils - moto123.com - Vespa,Yamaha,Piaggio,Honda,Derbi, motocyclettes, scooters, Montréal, Québec

The market for super sport is dead here so dealers in order to make up for that loss are increasing the costs of Sport /Touring bikes ( ours)...

sti de Charest et Harbour vient donc que je ten calis une en tabarank...