FZ6 too expensive!!

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know why are bikes so freaking expensive in Ontario (Canada)??
FZ6 is 8000-8500 + taxes.
USD and CAD are at par and Yamaha (or dealers) are marking things up like crazy.
Same for helmets, gloves ... anything.

Zack

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought it was because the engine was a new technology in Canada? haha...just a joke...sorry...lame one at that!!

I'd say its probably due to different tax charges on your products. It is 15,368 USD here in Ireland so I wouldn't be complaining!! I drove 100 miles on a motorway to Northern Ireland which is under English rule and I got the bike for 10,400 USD...so I saved 5,000 USD for a short drive!!!

Different countries, different taxes.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last Autumn I paid 91000 Danish Kroner for my FZ6 and do not consider it too expensive.

Rule number 1. A bike is almost always a luxury not a necessity. So stop moaning or don`t get one.

By the way...91000 Danish Kroner comes to 18,976.5183 US dollars.

Steve

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Last Autumn I paid 91000 Danish Kroner for my FZ6 and do not consider it too expensive.

Rule number 1. A bike is almost always a luxury not a necessity. So stop moaning or don`t get one.

Steve

Ow! that hurt when I read it.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
hell its only money......yeah right! Take a vacation in florida (no sales tax!) buy the bike, ride home. That way you get a bike, a vacation and a super sweet ride home.

Problem Solved! :Sport:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
hell its only money......yeah right! Take a vacation in florida (no sales tax!) buy the bike, ride home. That way you get a bike, a vacation and a super sweet ride home.

Problem Solved! :Sport:

There is sales tax, just no state taxes. wouldn't want ya to make the trip and still get banged! :thumbup:

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have your heart set on an '08? There are some pretty awesome deals on brand-new '07s and '06s right now. I picked up a new '06 for $6700. a couple of months ago... :Flash:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
well zack,,,as you have read from all over the world,,comparably our prices are not too bad here in Ontario....the thing is you are comparing with US which doesnt help of course...and when the dollars are at par , it sounds pretty ridicilous to pay $2000 more than your border country...unfortunately most items in canada were priced based on the exchange rate between the two countries which was $1US = $1,5 CDN for a long time....nobody was expecting US to go overseas for war,spending billions of dollars for it.ruin the economy.

5 years ago a $6000 bike was worth $9000 CDN which is equal to each other...while the US dollar weakened have you seen any product price going down according to the rate? nope...this is a transition which will take years to adjust...i beleive the last time the dollars were par before this was in 70s...

anything you buy during this transition time will lose value sooner or later because we are paying more than the actual worth of the product right now...
if you really dont want to do that,,,best thing to do is find a bike from US closer to you,,and buy it from US...or as Whirlygirl advised find a good deal from brand new 06 or 07's around and live with it...i know its sad but its the truth...its our destiny :banghead:

:Sport: :Sport:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
well zack,,,as you have read from all over the world,,comparably our prices are not too bad here in Ontario....the thing is you are comparing with US which doesnt help of course...and when the dollars are at par , it sounds pretty ridicilous to pay $2000 more than your border country...unfortunately most items in canada were priced based on the exchange rate between the two countries which was $1US = $1,5 CDN for a long time....nobody was expecting US to go overseas for war,spending billions of dollars for it.ruin the economy.

:Sport: :Sport:
Hmmm, according to a documentary I just watched... it's in the neighbourhood of $1.8 Trillon.... I am curious on how many Americans would rather put that money into some sort of health care system instead.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Steve

Thats expensive....

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah. i posted a different thread that one place i went had new 07's with an otd price just under 9200.

I recently found one place that will do 8500. im still looking.......for the right price :)

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm, according to a documentary I just watched... it's in the neighbourhood of $1.8 Trillon.... I am curious on how many Americans would rather put that money into some sort of health care system instead.

You can thank us now, or in 10 years when your country is still terrorist free. The USA is really split on the war topic right now. I happen to believe that GW is doing the best that anyone can hope for. Let's see what Billary, ot Barack Hussein can do!!!

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You can thank us now, or in 10 years when your country is still terrorist free. The USA is really split on the war topic right now. I happen to believe that GW is doing the best that anyone can hope for. Let's see what Billary, ot Barack Hussein can do!!!

For the record, Canada is a LONG way from being terrorist-free... But thanks anyway! :D

Two topics I'll happily stay away from: US foreign policy, and religion... But as for unfair motorcycle pricing - bring it on!!! ;)