Gallery uploads are working again

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
Am I possibly doing something wrong? I've tried to upload a picture to Dec 2009 for BOTM and it looks like everything is going through ok, but the picture isn't showing up in the gallery.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Am I possibly doing something wrong? I've tried to upload a picture to Dec 2009 for BOTM and it looks like everything is going through ok, but the picture isn't showing up in the gallery.

Same here...

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
Same here...

I finally got my picture to upload. Had to scale the original image down to a smaller size.

I was trying to upload a 3.1M file with 3648x2736 dimension. Once I scaled that down to a 1600x1200 image that's less than 1M in size it allowed the upload to work.

The upload page doesn't really mention a resolution or size restriction, but reducing size definitely fixed it for me.

~Scott

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got my picture to upload. Had to scale the original image down to a smaller size.

I was trying to upload a 3.1M file with 3648x2736 dimension. Once I scaled that down to a 1600x1200 image that's less than 1M in size it allowed the upload to work.

The upload page doesn't really mention a resolution or size restriction, but reducing size definitely fixed it for me.

~Scott

I'll try that when I get home. I'm on a different computer right now....
Thanks

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh haaaa.. There is no resolution or size limit... I need to raise the memory limit in the PHP.ini file... the gallery used PHP and a program called imagemagick to process the photos... I bet I have the memory settings too low.. Keep im mind we are totaly on a different physical server... I will up the mem limit and try the large files again and let me know if it works...

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
That got it. I'm familiar with ImageMagick, and it certainly is quite the memory and cpu hog.

I'm almost wishing you hadn't fixed it, now it's a little too easy to see how dirty my headers are :D

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Thanks,
~Scott