Gone Naked

bk1234

Reaction score
Visit site
Firstly, I have to say thank you to all who have posted what they did to their streetfighter. It helped me decide how I was going to make the conversion.

What I did:
Drag bars from the motorcycle superstore - pretty cheap
Oberon streetfighter mirrors
Twin Dominator headlight
Custom bracket for Tach
Removed Center stand - for looks

The bracket for the tach: I cut out of 1/8 metal scrap, then painted.

I had to relocate the horn, you can see it from the front. I can't remember where I got the turn signals, it was 2 years ago when I got the F/E kit.

I probably will get some new levers to complete the look, also in the future new exhaust.

Doesn't look like (from the side view) there would be any issues with clearance on the dash, but I can't say I like the look of it either. Much prefer the look of the dash in front of the triples - you could also get in touch with your local Yamaha dealer and ask for the Naked bike dash cover, its quite reasonably priced. With the dash in front of the triples and the plastic dash cover, i think it would look a bit better.

But thats my opinion, each to their own.

I bent the bracket at an angle so it doesn't touch the tank. I'd say I have about a 1/4" clearance. After going for a couple hour ride, I am thinking about changing the position of the tach. I have to actively look down to see my speed. I will look up the mount for the tach, thanks!

Back