Goodbye to my FZ6. A look back.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love how you documented each state/territory/province traveled through on your hard bags with stickers...think I'll start doing the same.

I fell in love with the new FJR too...but I'm going to wait about five years and pick one up used. Until then, I hope to visit 1/4 the places you did on your FZ!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW that's a tough one to follow. You are a very lucky man to be able to do what you have done on the fantastic FZ6. I can only dream and hopefully see a few of the fantastic spots on this earth you have! Thanks a million! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike n nice places to travel ... may the old fazer be put in good hands for more rideing ... FJR looks nice .. :thumbup:

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
To the OP, WOW! Just WOW! An incredible Journey! I love some of the things you did with your bike. If you don't mind, How was having that shorter windscreen while going to so many different places?

And, What were some essential things you brought with you on your trips? I saw what looked like a fire extinguisher?!

Also in several of your pictures I noticed an orange thing on your handlebars, what was that???

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa!!! Awesome new ride!!!I guess I'll have to watch for your new feejer running around Abbotsford instead of the ole FZ6. I hope it takes you to all the places your FZ6 did and more!! Ride safe.

PS- Are you going to farkle out the FJR like you did the FZ6? :)

D

Dave.TX

You didn't say HI while in Texas! Kidding. Envious! I'd love to do some long road trips too. I love mountains so figure NM, CO and maybe others are in the works someday.

When my BMW kicks the bucket (not gonna happen anytime soon) the FJR is at the top of the list to look at. I just can't do without cruise control (you need it in Texas). You'll love those Bridgestone BT-023's. I put one on my FZ6 and now have them on my Beemer.

Alas there's only 13 U.S. States I have not been to but have only been to 4 of them on a motorcycle. Guess I have to start over and follow in your footsteps, er, rubber strips!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I really can't imagine; but we most call you, Hide of Leather! lol

Thank you so much for sharing everything! Feel free to share the new adventures on the new bike and always be safe!

What a great Tribute! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You didn't say HI while in Texas! Kidding. Envious! I'd love to do some long road trips too. I love mountains so figure NM, CO and maybe others are in the works someday.

When my BMW kicks the bucket (not gonna happen anytime soon) the FJR is at the top of the list to look at. I just can't do without cruise control (you need it in Texas). You'll love those Bridgestone BT-023's. I put one on my FZ6 and now have them on my Beemer.

Alas there's only 13 U.S. States I have not been to but have only been to 4 of them on a motorcycle. Guess I have to start over and follow in your footsteps, er, rubber strips!

The 2013 FJR has electronic cruise control(good in the USA up to 80 MPH, European models the cruise is higher) and a completly different electronic dash as well as an electronic Touring mode and Sport mode ECU...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
Epic!

You Sir are my hero!

I'd love to ask you a billion questions about your experience, your gear, your tips, but I will just leave it at a simple thank you for living life. You're an inspiration to us all.

:rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your adventures over the years Caladin :thumbup:

Amazing pics :drool:

Farewell to your FZ6, but hopefully you'll be sticking around, looking forward to seeing pics of your new adventures on the FJR :rockon:

D

Dave.TX

Lucky #13 2013 FJR, post #8!!!!

I found #006, #012, & #014 - FJR Specific Discussion - FJRForum

There is so much information already out there on the 2013 model, especially on this forum. Several regulars have already partially torn down the bikes to see the workings, changes, etc...

Have they figured out how to reprogram it to get the cruise to work at 85mph and higher speeds? Mine works at 100mph, not that I would know... :rolleyes:

Again, thanks for the posts. It's always fun to see where you can go on a motorcycle and good pictures take us places we haven't been yet. You'll love the new FJR. I've been on a ride with a guy that has one and had a previous model. He raves about the 2013. Not many upgrades but quality ones like better windscreen and fairings. Someday they'll come in other colors besides silver!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always admired your ride reports! Congratulations on your new FJR!!:rockon:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have they figured out how to reprogram it to get the cruise to work at 85mph and higher speeds? Mine works at 100mph, not that I would know... :rolleyes:
QUOTE]
Not to my knowledge, its still a max setting of 80 MPH in the US, higher in Europe.

Yamaha reads these forums no doubt, as I've seen thru the years, as guys complain about something, sooner or later, Yamaha will address it wether it be the lower engine heat, spider grounds, ignition switch failures, TPS, etc.

The 2013 (sat on one about a month ago) has so many more options, with the "sport mode" it accelerates like the original Gen 1 bikes(03-05) much more aggressive, in "touring mode", better mileage, not as aggressive, like the later geared slightly higher(lower RPM's) Gen II's 06-12.

Intake tract, etc is all re-vamped, plastic cowls mostly snap on unlike the older generations (and the FZ with allan head bolts), lack of CRUISE CONTROL (which everyone's bitched about for years) is a first on the FJR. They've addressed most everything, just fell short on limiting the cruise control top speed it'll work at. I'd put money they increase the speed limit for 2014.

Someone on that forum will likely figure out how to bypass the limiter...

I personally love silver/gray (like my old 04) but I didn't care for the 2013 color. Maybe 2014..

For all the riding the Caladin does, the 2013 is a major step up for sport touring, he'll enjoy all the goodies, HP, ergonomic's etc...

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new SUPER ride and thank you for the most EPIC of ride reports and photos from the single most well-traveled FZ6 and rider here. :bow: :iconbeer: