Got a used '08 for $5700!

You see, even though we have it good without sales tax, the state finds ways to make up for it. We end up paying in the end no matter what.

True, the bottom line is that we all end up paying no matter how. Therefore, I'm in favor of your way. Nothing worse than getting nickel and dimed evertime you go and buy something, no matter how little it is. I'd rather deal with it all at once, which is end of the tax year how ever they choose to get ya. Heck you have to file anyway, whiy not just deal with it then. In my opinion, I think it's a better way to increase sales. You won't have to worry about that darn sales tax if you want to go and buy that nice 50" Plasma for $3000. Always wondered why that they don't add sales tax when you buy fuel? I know that there are a lot of local, state, and federal tax included in the price of the fuel, but what about sales tax? Hmmmmm

:welcome: Enjoy the site and congrats on your smokin deal. :thumbup:

Great Steal! Was that $5700 OTD or before taxes? Either you got yourself an excellent deal (steal).
:thumbup:

$5700 before taxes--I wrote him a check. He was definately not happy about taking a loss. In hindsight I should have brought $5400 or $5500 in cash with me when I met him. Sometimes people are willing to take more of a loss on a sale when they can actually see the cash, but it would probably have been sh!tty of me to take (further) advantage of him.

This bike is gonna be a naked convert--that FZ1 headlight looks like my first mod.

I'll post some pics in a new thread once the mods start...

Last edited:
Back