Got my fender eliminator!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, after originally ordering a different brand, i ended up settling for an R&G fender eliminator kit for my bike.

Came with everything i needed, including spare wire connectors, etc, and oh, most importantly a number plate light.

Was very easy to install, once i went to the net to get better instructions from their website re fitting, than what came in the box.

Took me about 1hour to do, everything fitted perfectly, and it does not look like an add on to the bike.

Finish is excellent, price was ok, $165, and they are readily available in SA.

Here's a few pic's if anyone is interested.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
did the turn signals come with the kit or did you have to buy them separately???

i have a fender elim kit on mine but no turn signals i didnt get them with my kit. so i hand signal. which sucks. :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
did the turn signals come with the kit or did you have to buy them separately???

i have a fender elim kit on mine but no turn signals i didnt get them with my kit. so i hand signal. which sucks. :(

They are the standard indicators...FE kit is designed to plug them straight in.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont forget to put a reflector on there though.

Did you cut yours off aussiejules ?

Do you really think the cops will pick me for having no reflector? One did come in the kit, i suppose i should chuck it on! just to be safe.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah but a hacksaw is FREE!!! :D

Lol! yes it is, but unfortuneatly, this still leaves the numberplate hanging about 30cm lower than with the FE kit, and you still have to deal with that ugly numberplate light assembly!

But in a pinch, getting busy with the hacksaw is definitely an improvement!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you really think the cops will pick me for having no reflector? One did come in the kit, i suppose i should chuck it on! just to be safe.

Just before last years toyrun one of the guys who was organising it came to my work , we supplied the drinking water for the staff,saw my bike and told me about the reflector,he personally knew of half a dozen riders who got defected for it.They were not allowed to ride it till it was fixed,and you can wait weeks at Regency Park for an inspection to get that sticker off ! I wasn't taking any risks so put my stock reflector back on.Just a word to the wise mate.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just before last years toyrun one of the guys who was organising it came to my work , we supplied the drinking water for the staff,saw my bike and told me about the reflector,he personally knew of half a dozen riders who got defected for it.They were not allowed to ride it till it was fixed,and you can wait weeks at Regency Park for an inspection to get that sticker off ! I wasn't taking any risks so put my stock reflector back on.Just a word to the wise mate.

Thanks for that, Dont really need to get a defect sticker on an otherwise completely legal bike for a bloody reflector, so begrudgingly i will be chucking it on the bike before i ride to work this arvo.
:)

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Legal bike yea sure, ride behind it and tell me if it is 96 db i dont think so, the fe most definately does look great, yes i took to mine with a hacksaw, yes it was cheaper, yes it looks better than standard,

StealthFZ6N

Reaction score
Visit site
Which reflector do you need by law? My OEM has a red one on the back and an orange one either side. Ive just fitted my FE and hope i dont have to fit all 3, dont know where theyd even fit.

Thanks
StealthFZ6N

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks great!! Maybe I should do the FE kit plunge as well, I didn't install mine that came with the TB and just kept it on the sideline. The more I see all these FE, I'm begining to like them, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

abner

Reaction score
Visit site
FE should be the FIRST add on! :thumbup:

I just did my FAZR6 FE, took about an hour and used the stock indicators and licence plate light.

I prefer my FE over yours for two reasons, it slides the assembly forward more than yours, and slants the plate slightly.

What I like better about yours is the utilization of all four stock bolt holes, mine just uses the two under the tail not the two on the side.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FE should be the FIRST add on! :thumbup:

I just did my FAZR6 FE, took about an hour and used the stock indicators and licence plate light.

I prefer my FE over yours for two reasons, it slides the assembly forward more than yours, and slants the plate slightly.

What I like better about yours is the utilization of all four stock bolt holes, mine just uses the two under the tail not the two on the side.

I would prefer the number plate to be further forward, but that is actually illegal in South Australia. Initially ordered a different brand, but had to cancel my order once i found out what the law was. I like the neat placement of the number plate light on the R&G FE.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Which reflector do you need by law? My OEM has a red one on the back and an orange one either side. Ive just fitted my FE and hope i dont have to fit all 3, dont know where theyd even fit.

Thanks
StealthFZ6N

I used my stock red one,just mounted it on the bottom of the number plate with a small bracket.